Search results

1. BassReflex

Flange and Spacer Question

Alright, think I'm good now. Got everything installed... went with the primer and the cement to do the job right... lets hope this oatey SS flange ring doesn't break. Got everything shimmed up and just have to caulk the front and sides tomorrow. Only thing I'm a little 'leery' about is I...
  2. BassReflex

Ok, the gap is about 7/16 from top of slab to the top of the tile. I bought a 1/2" spacer to fillin the hole. I also picked up a 4x3 flange with SS ring. I noticed the flange only goes down about 2" into the drain pipe. Is this 1/2" gap (leaving only 1.5" in the drain pipe) going to cause...
  3. BassReflex

Great, thanks for the reply. I'll investigate this... if I cannot find a spacer the correct height I may look at redoing the one tile properly.
  4. BassReflex

Thanks. I'll look into this. I need to measure the exact distance from slab to the top of the tile, but I do know my tile is 5/16" thick. I'll look around and see if siouxchief have that spacer in different sizes.
  5. BassReflex

I don't have a picture, but essentially the tile was cut so that there is room for the flange ring to sit on the slab. In order to get the flange ring to sit in the proper spot (same as on top of finished floor) would it be acceptable to use a plastic spacer of some sort UNDER the flange? Then...
  6. BassReflex

First time poster and toilet repair here... take it easy on me! So I've searched around the forum a bit and I now know a few things, but I want to make absolutely sure my thoughts are correct before installing a new flange. I had a new tile floor put in my bathroom (previously vinyl...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks