Search results

1. T

Pressure switch rapidly goes on and off at cut in and eventually burns out.

Forgot to tell you. I didn't just "extend" the pressure sensing line, as I suggested before (the hardware store guy said that wouldn't make any difference. So, I took the sensor line completely off and put a plug where it used to go into the pump housing and then moved the whole switch and...
  2. T

Lligetfa, thought you'd like to know, your advice proved to be correct! I did move the switch farther away from the pump and closer to the pressure tank and so far, it is working perfectly! I am thrilled, because up to now, I'd fried two switches and tried just about everything. You're the...
  3. T

I did try lowering the charge pressure. It seemed to help at first, but then it went back to the rapid on/off situation. I might try extending the little pressure line that goes into the switch and extending it down to the pipe on the floor closer to the pressure tank (In stead of it going...
  4. T

Thanks. The switch is actually mounted to the motor part of the pump. It's reads pressure from a small line to the pump housing part of the pump. The pump is mounted on top of the tank. I'm trying to attached pictures, but, I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly.
  5. T

I have a Goulds J10S jet pump connected to a 2500 gallon holding tank, so it always gets water in as long as the tank is at least half full (which it usually is). I have a Square D pressure switch 30/50 psi that also has the emergency cut off in case the water source goes dry; and a Flotec...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks