Search results

1. dt196

Kenmore water softener

Rugged, I see that you're in the Cinn. area. I'm in Columbus, so just tell me when you have one to repair in the Columbus area. I have the tech sheet on this softener. It tells exactly how it works as far as the different cycles, so it was just a matter of time before I narrowed down what was...
  2. dt196

Kenmore water softener

Well, it's fixed. When I took the valve cover off to check the rotor and seals, I found that the drain seal plug had fallen over and the o-ring that was supposed to be on top of it was missing. Put the drain seal plug in place and replaced the o-ring, and all is well. Total cost : $.47. Time...
  3. dt196

Kenmore water softener

SteveW Thanks for the info. You know, on the Kenmore trouble shooting site, where it says you need a trained service technician? I just need the information, not a service man. I can take the entire softener apart down to the last screw. They're not hard to work on at all, no need for special...
  4. dt196

Kenmore water softener

Rugged, Thanks for the link, but I'm way past that. As I stated before, the unit obviously works as it's removing 3 grains of hardness. My guess is that something is allowing some of the hard water to bypass the resin bed. When I find that, it'll work fine. I've replaced the resin and...
  5. dt196

Kenmore water softener

Master, If you would have read my first post, you would know that I've already replaced the resin. I've seen the parts list, pricing for my unit, and spending $300 -600 on a new softener doesn't make sense to me. Whatever is letting the water bypass the resin bed is what needs repaired...
  6. dt196

Kenmore water softener

Thanks all the same, but that was not the advice I asked for. I'm not in the market for a new softener. I want to know what else to trouble shoot to repair this one!
  7. dt196

Kenmore water softener

Looking for some ideas/ information. I've got a Kenmore water softener that I've had for 14 years. A few months ago the water started feeling a little hard, so I had it tested. Hard water was 7 grains, softened was 4 grains. I've worked on it through the years replacing seals here and there...
  8. dt196

Water Softener problem

Bob, Thanks for the info and links. It would seem that my resin is indeed wore out. After checking my reciept, the softener has been in use since 1992, so 14 years is about right. My owners manual states that it has .77 cu. ft of High Capacity resin. How do I know what type to get? Is the...
  9. dt196

Water Softener problem

Steve, That's not it. When that seal goes bad it won't put water in the brine well or draw brine which it does. Like I said, it works, puts the proper amount of water in the brine well and draws it back down, backwashes, rinses etc. The only thing, is that the water coming out is only...
  10. dt196

Water Softener problem

Kenmore Gary, I've been repairing my Kenmore for 9 years ( 1 under warrenty). In all that time I've only had to replace one rotor seal. Most of the time it's just the venturi needing cleaned ( you know, high water in the tank, no soft water). I've got quite adept at repairing and it's no big...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks