Search results

1. Wallijonn

New home owner - which Toto for no clogs?

IMO the best way to prevent clogs is to use single ply toilet paper and not use overly absorbent twin plys or silk paper. I use Scott 1000 sheet single ply toilet paper and single ply toilet paper from my local $1 stores. I haven't had a clog in over two years and I seldom have to flush twice...
  2. Wallijonn

Need a new toilet, Eco Drake?

At minimum you should save 50%, but realistically, expect 70%. As far as clogging goes, it will probably depend on the toilet paper. Never use the silky toilet paper. Since you're septic you already know not to flush baby diapers...
  3. Wallijonn

toto toilet not completely flushing

Easy: switch the toilets. If the problem doesn't move then it's probably something in the pipe, like a tree limb growing inside, or you're using the wrong type of paper and you have clogs along the drainage pipe.
  4. Wallijonn

how often need change wax ring? affect flushing? rubber rings?

When you start smelling sewer gas and no one has used the toilet in over a day - that is a good time when to replace the wax ring.
  5. Wallijonn

Toto Drake II vs Drake 1 vs American Standard Champion Pro

Don't bother with the brick. just change the flapper and the fill valve. I own a 1.28gpf regular size and the 1.6 ADA size - both flush the same. IMO, the 1.28gpf is the way to go. I get skid marks on my Drakes, too. Doesn't bother me because on subsequent urine flush the skid marks disappear...
  6. Wallijonn

Recommendation for quiet Toto

I take it that they will be spraying polyurethane insulation in the pipe area, but chances are that you will need to do the same for the floor over the in-laws' bedroom because kids make a lot of noise - running around the house like they are wont to, running up and down stairs, shouting out...
  7. Wallijonn

Compact Elongated Seat comfort

And if you look at the 1.28gpf regular height Drake toilets, the Elongated and The Round are the same distance from the wall: 27 + 1/8" (26+2/8+6/8=26+9/8=27+1/8). https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst743s.pdf https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst743e_spec.pdf The Santa Rosa in the first post is 27+3/4 + 2/4...
  8. Wallijonn

Compact Elongated Seat comfort

Is that your toilet in the picture? Exactly which toilet are you thinking of getting? First thing to do is to mearue the distance between the wall and the bolt heads. Remove one of the bottom caps and measure to the wall (not the floor molding). Usually one gets a compact because of the...
  9. Wallijonn

New Home New Toilet HELP Please!

Proflo PF1203WH... Why would you want an ugly toilet (IMO) in a new home? And, no, I wouldn't buy a Kohler for the look(s), either. To me, the Drake II (and the Drake) is the epitome of good looks (IMO). ymmv.
  10. Wallijonn

TOTO Eco Drake 1.28 GPF Elongated Two Piece Toilet

So long as it has 4" PVC sewer pipes and the house isn't level with the street.
  11. Wallijonn

Replace tank or replace toilet?

Your wife hates it? Then replace the whole thing. May I suggest a man's toilet: the dual cyclone "Tornado" Drake II, CST454CEFG#01 or CST454CEF. She might like the looks of the Entrada more, though. CST454CEFG (C454CUFG Elongated bowl) With CeFiONtect ceramic glaze CST454CEF (C454CUF...
  12. Wallijonn

Enzyme Cleaner for Toilets

What "stuff" off the Closet flange? Above the flange or below it? I'd probably chalk it off (pun intended) to an ill fitting wax ring, or a wax ring that is too short.
  13. Wallijonn

Toto water spot refill

The overfill hole provides the water that refills the water spot. When flushed it will fill to about 1/2" from the water spot and then slowly refill to the correct level. Since it takes about 20 seconds to completely refill the tank, that is about the time it will take to fill that 1/2". Just...
  14. Wallijonn

Toto water spot refill

That's not a failure, that's a feature. :D I typically will give the handle a "half flush" for urine and a full depression of the handle (and let go immediately) for solids. Define "momentarily". :D Yeah, all you want to do is depress the handle fully and let it go without holding the...
  15. Wallijonn

Getting rid of lime, rust and calcium bowl deposits

It might be better to use "Goof Off Rust Stain Remover for the Bathroom". Available at Home Depot. How much? I have no idea. I think I paid about $9 for a gallon of the 'ZEP Calcium, Lime and Rust Remover' at Home Depot.
  16. Wallijonn

If you remove the water and replace it with vinegar you will probably need to plug up the waste outlet as most stains are above the water line and just adding vinegar the bowl will drain to the usual level, which is probably below the stain line. It also doesn't clean the lime under the rim.
  17. Wallijonn

Process I used: Need: Eye protection goggles Notrile gloves 2 small sponges HD Zep Calcium, Lime and Rust Remover Process: Wet both sponges, lightly wring out. Turn off water at toilet. Hopefully it is a 1/4 turn valve. Fully flush toilet (Water will still be at the bottom of the bowl - do...
  18. Wallijonn

Replacement toilet for older home with Cast Iron pipes

The real problem will be that you won't want the best toilet in the house to be in the basement. ;) No, siree Bob, you will want that Drake II in the master bathroom and then move the toilet that is in the master bathroom down to the basement. ;) Unless the basement is your Man Cave. :D
  19. Wallijonn

To dual flush or not

One has to look closely at the buttons to see the symbol on them.
  20. Wallijonn

Help me with the madness of choosing a toilet!!!

I say get an elongated ADA 1.28gpf for the master bathroom and a regular height, round, 1.28gpf for the hallway bathroom. That would mean that you could install the Drake ECO regular height, round bowl, 1.28gpf, in the hallway and the Drake II dual cyclone ADA height, elongated in the master...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks