Search results

1. IDIOT#3

Iron Filter Choice

hello, i discovered that with MangOx, it is claimed to be 80% manganese dioxide as the medium. it requires ***an above negative 170 ORP*** reading to be effective. i have too low of a reading, and a work around is to use aeration, contact tank, chlorine ahead of the iron filter and or a host of...
  2. IDIOT#3

1 cu.ft twins or 2.0 cu.ft single

at 47 grains of hardness, reaching 5 days is not possible, even with minimal water consumption. add to that almost 2 ppm iron, and .26 ppm manganese. honestly, 24/7 softwater is not a concern...i am only interested in minimizing how much hardwater is going to leak through either system and...
  3. IDIOT#3

hello water solutions, i did some reading, and apparently half of the reserve set aside for a single tank normally becomes wasted capacity because a regen kicks in before it is actually exhausted. if this is true more water and regenerant is spent without getting any softened water from it...
  4. IDIOT#3

hello dittohead, yes, the warranty just looks better. but the real problem is retailers vs. wholesalers, and the fall-out after the fact...if there is any, and that...is a risk worth paying for. i think. but i have been rightly accused of over-thinking stuff. a risk worth hedging against.****
  5. IDIOT#3

hello mialynette2003, sorry for the delay. no, i will stay with a single. after figuring out that the twin would use 720# of salt yearly vs. 288# with a single while using the more costly salt to compensate for for the decision to forego an iron filter ahead of it. the figures i used were...
  6. IDIOT#3

ok. thank you both...mialynette2003 and dittohead. the seller did say pretty much the same as you dittohead. speaking about the twin system vs. single, and how i really could not go wrong with either system, and the only reason he gave for nudging towards the twin was because of the irregular...
  7. IDIOT#3

i've asked questions at the gardenweb forum about my water conditioning needs and have run out of my allotment of free advice. the most recent analysis of my well water reveals 47 gpg hardness. 1.4 ppm iron. .26 ppm manganese. pH 7.51. TDS 1200 ppm or greater. another lab put the TDS at 1600...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks