Search results

1. Fumisan

Price Pfister 3-handle shower leak

That's what I thought, too. I was pretty sure I didn't cross thread the seat and didn't think the pipe dope would cause a leak. So, I have no idea how unistalling and re-installing fixed the problem. I did take a Q-tip and cleaned the threads that the seat goes into...but didn't think that...
  2. Fumisan

Final update: NO LEAKS! Final Update (Hopefully!): On a final attempt before ripping into the wall, I disassembled both hot and cold stems and seats and re-installed same. I cleaned the pipe dope off the hot water side seat. Just had plumber's grease on the cold water seat, but...
  3. Fumisan

Picture of seat "web" For those who may come along afterwards, here is a picture of the valve showing the seat "web" that hj writes about: If you right click on the image, you can choose "view image" to make it larger...at least in the Firefox browser.
  4. Fumisan

Thanks hj and Smooky - hopefully it is only cross-threaded, otherwise it looks like we'll have to break the wall open and replace the valves... I'll check the seat threads again....thought I installed correctly, but will take them out and re-install just to be sure...
  5. Fumisan

UPDATE: Damaged "internal web"? UPDATE: I went to the local plumbing supply and was going to buy the ceramic valves. They were about $38 a piece. I was talking with the counter guys and also a plumber who was there and they couldn't figure out why the tub faucet would still be dripping...
  6. Fumisan

Stems, Seats & Washers replaced... hj and dj2 - thank you for the replies. I did change the seats and washers to new on both hot and cold sides. It is still leaking. Looks like we may have to go with the ceramic valves. I can't think of what else the problem might be. hj, you mention...
  7. Fumisan

Thanks for the replies. I took both stems (hot and cold) off, checked the seats for tightness (they seemed very tight), replaced the washers with new ones and reinstalled the stems. I made sure that the valves were open when I removed the stems and when I replaced them. I closed both hot...
  8. Fumisan

Bath faucet leaking after stem replacement I replaced the hot water stem, washer and seat in our bath about a year ago. Several months ago, I noticed the bath faucet was leaking again. I assumed the leak was from the cold water stem/washer/seat as I had not replaced it. I don't know when...
  9. Fumisan

Kitchen sink clog / broke galv. cleanout off :(

A quick update: Drain cleared using bladder. Thank you for all of the advice. The drain did clear using a bladder. Sorry it took me so long to update. The clog really put me behind the 8-ball on some other issues. The test plug held as well, so I will wait to open up the block wall to...
  10. Fumisan

Picture of house plumbing set up:
  11. Fumisan

I think you are right, hj. I don't think there are any threads left. I just cleaned it up a bit and put a test cap on it for now. It seems to be holding. Now, I've got to go back to the original problem: a clogged kitchen sink. I originally snaked a few feet with a handheld...
  12. Fumisan

Thanks for the reply, hj. I really don't want to open up the block wall, so I am going to try everything else first...
  13. Fumisan

I'm going to try to clean the threads with a wire brush attached to a drill. Also, an employee at a big box store suggested cutting the broken off threads with a hacksaw in two places and popping them out with a screwdriver. He couldn't guarantee it, but said it has worked for him... I...
  14. Fumisan

I had a backup in my kitchen sink. I tried flushing with baking soda & vinegar and hot water. That didn't work. I took the p-trap off and tried snaking with a little handheld snake...It went in a few feet (3 or 4?) and seemed to hit a bend in the pipe and would not go further... So, I...
  15. Fumisan

Stripped American Standard shower stem seat

Thanks, hj and Reach4, I did initially use the hex tool referenced, but the seat was already stripped. I'm guessing someone tried to change it years ago, stripped it and just left it in. :eek: I tried notching a flathead screwdriver into the seat using a hammer (as one person recommended...
  16. Fumisan

Yes. I used this tool first. It just kept spinning because it is stripped.
  17. Fumisan

The house was built in 1970. My shower is leaking. I already replaced the cold water stem in March, 2013. It worked for a while, but is leaking again. It might be the hot water stem. So I tried to replace that. When I tried removing the seat, the seat was already stripped. I tried using a...
  18. Fumisan

Ball valve / water turn off design

Thanks for the compliment! Much appreciated!
  19. Fumisan

I got the job done a few days ago, but it was just too damn hot out there to take any pictures. It's been 111 degrees! Anyway, thanks for all of the advice. It was my first time sweating brass to copper and I was a little nervous. There are some solder drips, but no leaks!
  20. Fumisan

Length of Pipe - Fitting vertical and horizontal sections at same time I think I've almost got the courage to tackle this little project. I just had a couple of questions. I know that the copper pipe will fit 3/4" into both sides of the 714 brass tee. But, there also looks like 3/16" to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks