Search results

1. Razorhog

Toilet slow to fill

I've tried that before with other fill valves and it never made a difference, but it's worth a shot.
  2. Razorhog

Toilet slow to fill

I'm resurrecting this thread because it looks like I'm going to need to replace the fill valve in this toilet again. I think this is the 4th time in less than 2 years. The last time I used a Korky 528 silver top and balanced it according to the instructions. Now it's back to taking forever to...
  3. Razorhog

Pool pump timer

I'm thinking it might be easier and simplify things to just take out the toggle switch. Not sure about local code, I'll have to check into that.
  4. Razorhog

Pool pump timer

The only problem I see with putting the timer after the switch is that the timer won't keep time if the switch is off.
  5. Razorhog

Pool pump timer

I'd like to install a timer for my pool pump. I'm thinking the Intermatic T104. I have a main pump for the filter and a booster pump that I only run when using a Polaris cleaning robot. I only want to put a timer on the main filter pump. Right now they are wired with on/off toggle switches...
  6. Razorhog

Toilet slow to fill

Thank you for that idea on testing the flapper! I took the top off of the flush valve and there was a little rock or something in one of the little holes. I took it out but it didn't seem to help. Still makes the hissing sound if I turn the water on full blast at the wall.
  7. Razorhog

Toilet slow to fill

I'm going to try this later, and will report back. http://www.fluidmaster.com/fill-valve-is-very-loud-during-flushing.html
  8. Razorhog

Toilet slow to fill

I took the valve out and inspected it, it looks brand new and I can see no obstructions anywhere. I didn't take it apart to look for a seal as I was afraid I wouldn't get it back together. Upon inspection of the flapper, there was a bubble in the rubber seal. I poked it with my pocket knife...
  9. Razorhog

Toilet slow to fill

It's strange because the 400a is so quiet and fast for several months and then all of a sudden it gets loud and takes longer. When I get time I'll take it out and see if I can find anything clogging the valve. I'm in a small town so Lowe's is out. I have a Ace hardware though I don't think...
  10. Razorhog

Toilet slow to fill

I'm resurrecting this old thread because I think there is something else wrong with this toilet. I've replaced that 400a once already and now I'm thinking I need to do it again. It's been less than a year! The problem is that the toilet gets loud when filling and takes longer to fill. Also...
  11. Razorhog

Toilet slow to fill

Swapped out the fill valve with a FluidMaster 400a. It now is quiet and refills in less than 30 seconds! Thanks!
  12. Razorhog

Toilet slow to fill

Thank you for the response. I just bought this house so I'm not sure how old it is. I've never heard the term "balance the tank and bowl" - so does the water coming from the tube going down the overflow tube fill the bowl and there is supposed to be water coming from somewhere else on the fill...
  13. Razorhog

Toilet slow to fill

Hello everyone, I've got a Jacuzzi 1.28 gpf toilet that takes forever to fill. The water coming from the fill tube comes out with tremendous force. So hard that I had to zip-tie the tube clip to the overflow tube. Otherwise the force of the water causes the clip to come off and water shoots...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks