Search results

1. sp00kster

Help with well configuration for sprinkler & hydrant

Is there any way to configure a sprinkler system and a water hydrant in to a dedicated submersed well without a using a pressure tank & switch? A pressure tank & switch are not a viable options due to the location. I realize that I could hardwire in a switch for the hydrant only setup and/or...
  2. sp00kster

Need to stop sprinkler system from siphoning from water treatment

Yes same question in other forum - Another member posted that a flow switch would be a good alternative and I think that I will do some research on that lead. Thank everyone for all your help - this is a super forum!!
  3. sp00kster

Normally closed PSR?

Love that - really simplifies matters. Thanks very very much!
  4. sp00kster

Even though the back-siphoning appears to be stopped. I would like to remove the secondary pressure switch and wire the chlorinator back directly into the well pressure switch. But I cannot without it constantly running when the sprinkler system is on making a very very strong consentration...
  5. sp00kster

Normally closed PSR?

Any one no where I can locate a NC (normally closed) PSR (pump start relay) or a standard NO - PSR that can be modified to a NC status? I need to figure out how to shut off a chlorinator when sprinklers come on as not waste chemicals as well as excessive wear on injector. Chlorinator is...
  6. sp00kster

Well have installed a pressure vacume breaker in place of the double check valve and seems to be doing good. For the posts about the softner system regenerating during the irrigatiing (causing the back siphoning) - all regenerating is timed during late night. I am now going to attempt the last...
  7. sp00kster

Nope - chlorinate first then syn. carbon to remove chlorine then softner
  8. sp00kster

Seems the more I attempt to fix - the more unanswered questions arrise. I removed the dual check valve to have tested / replaced - the house water would not quit draining out - noticed after long period of time that water was getting warm, then hot. I had to finaly had to go close the shut...
  9. sp00kster

just adding one more note as an example - Potable house water pressure at 50lbs and holding and does not deviate on 1-3 low volume sprinkler stations(well pressure during is at 45lbs constant. Then comes zone 4 (well pressure during is 35lbs constant), potable house holds at 50lbs for about 30...
  10. sp00kster

HJ - I am not sure exactly on the aspiration part in #3 but as for the rest of #3 all is correct and is confirmed with a water test of the well water at the sprinkler head as well as simply watching the potable water side pressure gauge drop to match the well pressure. Using chlorine free test...
  11. sp00kster

Ok - Will replace again - a big thanks to all of you for your input. Ever need any advice on replacement windows or doors feel free to give me a shout and perhaps I can return the favor!!! Best Regards
  12. sp00kster

Chlorine can only get to the valve in the first place because of siphoning. I have attempted to create a diagram in Microsoft Word as an illustration - I will attempt to attach.
  13. sp00kster

All of this was brought to my attention in the first place when we noticed that chlorinator was using an extremely large amount of chemical during the watering season. So we called our water treatment service company out and they are the ones that realized that the chlorinator was running while...
  14. sp00kster

Thanks for all the responses - Guess I am still am a bit confused by posts. I will recap a bit to explain. 1st - water supply enters through basement wall into pressure tank 2nd - T's off immediately (sprinkler - potable house water treatment system) 3rd - sprinkler system already has an...
  15. sp00kster

I am not sure if this is proper forum but any help greatly appreciated - Quick version We are on a well - sprinkler system is the first plumbed outlet after pressure tank then on to water treatment system (chlorination). Problem I am having is that the sprinkler system when on is siphoning...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks