Search results

1. donmecca999

Shower remodel plumbing dilemma

Thanks for the input. I would like to try avoiding opening up the subfloor if I can re-route the vent without doing that. A new faucet is also going in as well, most likely a single handle one. I will sister that cut joint to add extra support. Do you see anything wrong with the other shower...
  2. donmecca999

Shower remodel plumbing dilemma

I have run into a slight dilemma with a plumbing vent on my bathtub / shower remodeling project. Originally this bathroom had a one piece fiberglass shower stall installed which after removing exposed a vent pipe which is not level and sticks out about 1 1/4 inches from the 5' mark where the new...
  3. donmecca999

Shower Arm Question

Thanks for the quick answers. I removed and retaped the arm and it is no longer dripping. I haven't posted many questions, but this forum was a great help throughout my new shower build so thanks for all the great info provided here!
  4. donmecca999

Shower Arm Question

Follow-up. This is likely the fitting that is in the wall http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=317193-137-CL707-3-5-LF&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3439240&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1
  5. donmecca999

Shower Arm Question

Hi, John here with a plumbing question I recently completed a new shower build and am now worried that I have a problem with the shower arm. I just noticed that there is a small drip originating from the threaded fitting between the shower arm and the 90degree in the wall. After looking around...
  6. donmecca999

Fernco couping question

Thanks for the quick answer! Ever since I got all the floors and walls are closed up I've been feeling paranoid about leaks. I debated using the green ABS-PVC glue but decided to go with the banded no-hub (fernco?) instead after some research. Hopefully it will be leak free for the life of the...
  7. donmecca999

Fernco couping question

I recently installed a banded fernco coupler to connect the existing ABS drain to some new PVC pipe. The guy at home depot said to just tighten it down and I wouldn't have any problems with leaks. I got to reading online and see that a 2in Fernco should be tightened to 60lbs, however when I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks