Search results

1. jaholmes

Storage tank - some general disinfection and health questions

Thanks for the reply. Yes, our well association has the well water tested twice annually, mainly for chloride levels and coliform. Never had a positive test for coliform bacteria. I guess my main concern is just making sure I'm not cultivating "stuff" in the tank, although perhaps I should be...
  2. jaholmes

Storage tank - some general disinfection and health questions

Hello! Joined a while back but never got around to asking advice. Some background: For about five years, I've lived in a house connected to a private well. The well is shared by ten houses and is also near a body of seawater, so there's a constant threat of saltwater intrusion. When we...
  3. jaholmes

Storing well water to relieve stress on shared well

Thanks guys, this is very helpful. Understood, and that's really the theme of my question. I don't think the 100 gal/day thing was meant as a load figure, rather simply an easy-to-remember rule of thumb to help limit the load on the well. The association doesn't have enough data yet to...
  4. jaholmes

Storing well water to relieve stress on shared well

This is probably a slightly odd question, but here goes: Background: My wife and I recently purchased a vacation home near the ocean in Anacortes, WA. The home is part of a well association and shares a well with eight other homes. The well is only about 200 feet from the ocean at high tide...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks