Search results

1. bluefleetwood

Weil McClain Boiler occasionally NOT Starting Up

Hi Jon, To which Green and White wires are you referring? I do use a multi meter as I am an Electrician. I am trying to see which pictures I've sent that have the wires you've mentioned.
  2. bluefleetwood

I am pretty sure the flue is Terra cotta. Size I'm not sure sure of. I believe square and travels about 20-25 feet up the side of the house within a bricked chimney which has a separate Fireplace flue along side it.
  3. bluefleetwood

What about installing a draft inducing fan into the flue?
  4. bluefleetwood

First and foremost, thank you all for your tips. I have called a chimney veteran who pointed out that my house, being as new and tight as it is needs a Heat Recovery Ventilator. When we pulled the flue pipe apart from the boiler, and lit a match it immediately blew it out pulling air from the...
  5. bluefleetwood

Thanks again for the tip. I did call him, he called me back, told him the issue, never heard from him again. I thought you should know. I called a Chimney Guy and it was determined through experiments within the house that I need a Heat Recovery Ventilator system installed.
  6. bluefleetwood

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much!!!!!!
  7. bluefleetwood

So I should First, get a chimney guy here to make sure the exhaust leaving is free and clear. I have had my doubts for some time now as there is water that leaks from the wall where the vent enters. Also, I have replaced the Spill Switch some time ago from the push button reset to an automatic...
  8. bluefleetwood

I don't think it's the spill switch because when I toggle the EM switch, the system fires up. If the spill switch were tripped, doesn't have to be reset manually? Also, I've had to remove it from the vent hood because it was tripping regularly. It is just hanging alongside the boiler still in...
  9. bluefleetwood

Should I just play it safe and replace all the zone relays? It really doesn't matter which of the 3 zones calls for heat. It still gets hung up. Is there a way of bypassing the spill switch to check to see if this is the issue? Thank you
  10. bluefleetwood

Hi guys, I have an 18 year old Weil McClain Gold Series Gas Boiler that will occasionally make several attempts at calling for fire up. I hear and see it cycling, but the burners don't light. I see the flue damper open and then close again so that seems ok. The Air handlers run, naturally, but...
  11. bluefleetwood

Boiler not starting until I toggle disconnect switch.

Hi guys, My 15 year old Weil Mclain Gas Gold Series Boiler does not always start up. Here in the summer we find out when our Hot Water Runs out. I have an new {2 year old} Indirect Weil Mclain which when calls for heat, boiler doesn't start. Only when I turn off the Boiler Emergency Feed Circuit...
  12. bluefleetwood

Waste Line Main Trap Buildup

You can see it in there. Where else would it go? It's only in the trap.
  13. bluefleetwood

Waste Line Main Trap Buildup

Hi guys, I have a curious problem since the house was built in 2000. For the first 4 years before I discovered the problem, I would get a waste backup in the basement from the washer machine drains and slow draining through the house. Plumber comes and snakes it out when ever this occurs usually...
  14. bluefleetwood

35+ PSI boiler pressure. Have gone through the usual checks.

Thanks Guys, New Indirect Installed. Smaller Unit with same volume, Much more efficient. Boiler pressure remaining at 12PSI. Now to completely empty old one to get to supplier for refund. Again thank you all for your help!
  15. bluefleetwood

Leaking Indirect coil causing Boiler Pressure to increase= pop of t+P

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!! Thanks Tom. Conducted that experiment this morning. Turned off domestic feed to Hot Water Heater and opened a hot side faucet to relieve pressure. Watched the boiler pressure go to 12! Funny thing though, When I turned the domestic back on, it blew out the PRV violently...
  16. bluefleetwood

Thanks Tom, PRV Still leaking, Pressure in boiler still not exceeding 28 PSI.
  17. bluefleetwood

No I haven't, Where do I acquire one?
  18. bluefleetwood

Can I assume you mean, "Firing Up The Boiler" by turning the stat on the Indirect Up to call for Hot Water? Sounds like I should be performing this test as well. https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?46561-Leaking-Indirect-coil-causing-Boiler-Pressure-to-increase-pop-of-t-P/page2
  19. bluefleetwood

I really appreciate all of this input. My current status is: Boiler pressure still between 20 and 28 PSI. Auto-fill still off. 30PSI Pressure Relief Valve Still dripping. Assuming a pin hole in the Water Heater, should not the pressure in boiler approach domestic pressure? Or is the PRV...
  20. bluefleetwood

They came precharged. Should I have checked it? Tire Gauge? What should they be charged at?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks