Search results

1. bkwood

Submersible pump failure in cistern

Thanks for all replies. I believe I will go back to a horizontal install but with a flow inducer even though my first pump lasted many years without one. I did read an old post by Ballvalve which stated horizontal mounting is a bad idea, shortens life of pump. From most of your responses I...
  2. bkwood

Submersible pump failure in cistern

Here is a brief and concise history (hopefully) of my cistern and pumps. Cistern holds approx. 1500 gal. Water ht. in cistern- 42 in. Elevation from cistern to house approx. 100 ft. Length of 1 1/4" pipe- 1000 ft. 1st pump - Sta-rite 3/4 hp, 2 wire, mounted horizontal, pumped great from...
  3. bkwood

DIYer can not solve softener problem

Yes., the softener is used for iron removal. The system worked fine for 12+ yrs. The original water test showed 3 ppm iron, but I am not sure which type of iron. After reading many posts on the forum I have learned that I need to have a good water test done. That would be step one in going with...
  4. bkwood

DIYer can not solve softener problem

I have an Aqua America, Nelson Corp. softener with I believe a Fleck 2510 control valve. Installed 2000, new seals 2006. The control valve appears to be working correctly. All the positions for the drive shaft as it goes through backwash, brine-slow rinse, rapid rinse, and brine tank fill are...
  5. bkwood

Underground black steel gas line to grill,light and firepit

New member who has read previous threads regarding underground gas lines, but my situation is different. First I realize PE pipe would be the best but I cannot afford the cost of all the fittings I need. Second I understand the fuel gas code does not allow threaded fittings underground but I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks