Search results

1. jhetzig

Tile over greenboard?

I prepared my tub walls for Swanstone but than someone decided we wanted to do tile instead. Seams are taped and spackeled and everything is flat and ready. Can i tile over green board? I remember taking an old bath apart and finding the tile had been glued up on greenboard with mastic...
  2. jhetzig

Radiant light heated Floor

No charring It's been there for 15 years and there is no charring. There are a few other of this lights as well. No insulation near them either. I'm was thinking of putting aluminum sheet metal on the underside of the subfloor to take advantage of the situation and heat more of the floor...
  3. jhetzig

Radiant light heated Floor

For years our old bathroom tile has been nice and warm right in front of the toilet. I'm remodeling and moving the toilet and had thought there was a hot water pipe that kept the floor warm... I was wrong. There is a recessed light canister in the cieling below. The top of the light can is very...
  4. jhetzig

3" Copper to PVC Coupling?

I'm a home owner moving a toilet 10 inches closer to a side wall (per my wife!) in an upstairs bathroom. This 2nd floor toilet drain pipe is 3" copper which i cut and now need to connect to 3 inch PVC or something. This 3" copper pipe runs/ran straight vertically from the toilet flange to the...
  5. jhetzig

Old Baseboard grey pipe/alu fins?

My house was built in the 1950's. The upstairs (an addition) has hot-water baseboard heat that just runs the perimeter walls. Baseboard covers run wall to wall to cover the pipe/pipe with fins . When they got to walls or even the bathtub they went straight through. The pipe is not copper or...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks