Search results

1. P

Help?! I am regrouting the shower and found caulk under grout, tiles falling off

It must be a hot mop. The large trowel lines you see in the overall is the black stuff. The black stuff is not flexible or brittle. For the most part the black is well adhered to the wall. The brown stuff is over top of the black and has smaller trowel lines. If it is a hot mop, do I have...
  2. P

Help?! I am regrouting the shower and found caulk under grout, tiles falling off

Thank you for the help so far. I decided to pop off all the tiles and put up new tiles with thinset. The substrate is cement of some sort that was applied directly to the wall somehow. I think you said "mudded". There appears to be a thin layer of tar over the cement, then the mastic is over...
  3. P

I think the substrate is some sort of cement. It is hard. I took the ring off around the shower handle and poked at it there, it seems to be about an inch thick and hard like cement. I'm not sure what the black stuff is. What are my options?
  4. P

I am new here. A couple of weeks ago, the soap dish fell off the wall. So I bought a new one. I had been noticing that grout had been occasionally flaking off. So, since I had to grout the new soap dish anyway, I decided to regrout the whole thing. When I started removing the grout, I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks