Search results

1. L

Please help! Want to raise drop ceiling in kitchen remodel, waste lines in the way

OK, it's not a DIY job. Just as my husband said... Is there any part of it that you think we could accomplish ourselves? DH is not exactly excited about this project, but he isn't scared by it either. For instance, raising up the shower p-trap (which is probably too low, anyway) is certainly...
  2. L

Please help! Want to raise drop ceiling in kitchen remodel, waste lines in the way

I totally agree with not drilling holes in the joists to accomplish this, unless it still meets code. The distance between the exterior and load bearing walls is 11' (inside the kitchen) and the joists are 7.25" high. It looks to me that the line for the two upstairs sinks can go to the...
  3. L

Thanks for your reply, Export! No, both soil stacks are not the same size. The one that the tub connects to (which is also what the kitchen sink is connected to) is smaller. It appears to be about 2.5" outside diameter (it's painted in the basement, so I can't see any markings). The other...
  4. L

We are planning a kitchen remodel in our 1975 tract house which has a drop ceiling in the kitchen (drops 7.25"). We have cut away the drywall on the sides of the recessed florescent light in the center of the kitchen, which has allowed us to peek at what is hidden in the ceiling. We can't see...
  5. L

Adding second sink - DWV question

Terry - thanks so much for your response. I hope that I have interpreted what you said correctly - here is another diagram with the new vent in red. Is this ok? We could offset the new drain from the centerline a bit to reduce the run to 45 or 46 inches (instead of 48"). Oh, and I did confirm...
  6. L

HJ: I'm not sure what you mean by too high or too low. Do you mean too high or too low to connect to the sink? We have installed only one P-trap before, but I thought that there was some play in the P-trap installation to allow for sink-to-drain line height variations (e.g. kitchen height vs...
  7. L

Your help on this would be much appreciated. My husband and I are adding a second sink in our master bath (2nd floor). We are trying to connect to the existing sink's vent without adding a vent for the new sink because there is no easy way to route it around recessed medicine cabinet framing in...
  8. L

abs glue drip problem

sanding or solvents ok? We will try these methods, but we don't have a lot of room to work, so I don't think we can get a hacksaw down in the hole (we cut the soil pipe from the inside with a drill attachment). A utility knife would fit, though. We are worried that we will shave off more than...
  9. L

abs glue drip problem

We need to raise the closet flange on our toilet because we are remodelling and the new floor is more than an inch higher than the current level of the closet flange. We cut off the old closet flange, and managed to do this without removing the subfloor. The soil pipe is 3" ABS. The idea is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks