Search results

1. M

Any opinion on Goodman heat pumps?

Not really. Goodman makes their own coils. They use Copeland Compressors - Ohio, Genteq Motors - Indiana, Ranco Reversing Valves - technically London......that's pretty much your key components.
  2. M

Goodman Heat Pumps Not So Good

Sorry to hear about your trouble. This is really why its the best idea to go with your contractor's recommendation. That recommendation is always the best brand to install. You may have a lemon and your contractor may be unfamiliar with the equipment. The contractor would be somewhat on the hook...
  3. M

Comparing 3 Thermostats White-Rodgers, Lux and Jackson

I never heard of Jackson T-32. After checking it out, it really looks like a nice stat. As far as features go, I think it wins out. Depending on your schedule, you really could stand to save a substantial amount (hundreds annually) by going with a programmable stat. The obvious times to take...
  4. M

Opinion on service charge

If the compressor isn't under warranty, this is certainly a low price. I know markets are different, its tough to find Freon @ $30 a pound in Florida though.
  5. M

R-22, How much per pound?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but $50 a pound is about as cheap as it can be had anymore. The supply of R22 in the United States is being intentionally limited and phased out. Costs have more than doubled in the past 12 months. Here is an article on the supply of R22.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks