Search results

1. wellnowwhat

Well pump issue or electrical problem?

Yes my meter needed a new 9v battery. Got the correct reading of 240 VAC after I changed it. Also made sure to check the pressure switch was throwing 240 VAC when engaged as well. The problem is the pump is not running when everything is engaged. My fuses are registering on the ohm setting too...
  2. wellnowwhat

tvl: (or anyone else with any input) I did what you recommended and I got a ohm reading of 6 amps off the wires going to the pump from under the stairs where all the pressure tank, control box and breaker is. That's good right if I'm hoping to have a pump that still works? While down where the...
  3. wellnowwhat

The control box doesn't have a capacitor or relay inside of it, I was talking to someone yesterday who said it's basically like a junction box with 240 VAC going in and out of it. By the sound of it I only have to check for power at the well cap going down before ruling out anything but a bad...
  4. wellnowwhat

I would get a reputable plumber or electrician to be sure all of that is working correctly before buying a new pump. Whoever told you the pressure tank was the problem was a parts changer, not a mechanic. Thanks for the help, I do believe the pressure tank was just one of the problem(s). It...
  5. wellnowwhat

The pump hasn't been running, do you mean when the pressure switch is sending power to it? Was basically trying to troubleshoot any above ground possibilities a newbie to well systems may have overlooked that'd cause it to not start up. Like control box and capacitors are what seems to be my...
  6. wellnowwhat

I did hook my meter up to the pressure switch and it is running perfectly and sending 120 vac to the pump when the switch is engaged/0 vac when not, with the two other wires reading at 120 vac each. Is it worth troubleshooting whether or not it could be an issue with the control box, maybe a...
  7. wellnowwhat

I have a Goulds submersible pump (model #76505412, 230v, 1/2hp, max amps: 6.0) that was installed in 1996 before I moved into my current home. Unaware of well depth but I have a six inch Campbell well casing cap. 32 gallon pressure tank. Last week I had a company come out to take a look at...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks