Search results

1. ronan

2140 ft pump motor control circuit via float switch..?

That makes more sense now! The SSR 240 leg just went to a controller/relay. I was told that the SSR's were not the best thing to use for Inductive loads such as motors and the best route when using it would be to use it to run a larger relay that controlled the motor load. The relay load is...
  2. ronan

I put this in http://www.grainger.com/product/OMRON-Relay-5ZH13 as a replacement for the SSR and it works good so far..! BOTH SSR's were bleeding voltage even without a thing/no wires even hooked up to the 24vdc activation side of the SSR so it's nothing to do with any wires. There is only 4...
  3. ronan

Thanks I thought about that and unhooked the float switch circuit completely from the SSR and it does the same thing..? Basically it leaks voltage as soon as it is supplied! relay chatters though only when shutting off.
  4. ronan

If I were to bag the above set-up and go another route are there any recommendations out there for a solid 240vac contactor (simple DPST) with a 24vdc activation coil and a good smaller low ma activated 24vdc relay to put the float switch circuit on and to to activate/run the larger contactor...
  5. ronan

SSR Relay leaks voltage/51v...? Hey folks back on my project after a long absence for lack of time to get to it again after getting the wire finally pulled through my conduit. Anyway quick question..? from the parts mentioned above I threw together a quick mock-up of my controller on a piece of...
  6. ronan

Hello again I’ve been tied up with other things with work and off this for a while now but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all your input on my project. I have everything but a few miscellaneous items rounded up now to do this project. Still trying to go the simplest route/ON OFF...
  7. ronan

First off thanks for all the input. I don’t dismiss anything out of hand, just gathering ideas. This is just a simple bang-bang (on/off) control loop! Nothing more I want to keep it as economical, functional and simple as absolutely possible. Just trying to determine which route is best to go...
  8. ronan

Ok any recommendations for a normal 24 volt mechanical relay that will operate effectively with a 4300 ft 22 gauge wire switch circuit..? There is such a plethora of relays and crunching the numbers is kind of out of my field of expertise! Just considering my other options besides the SSR route..?
  9. ronan

If you didn't use a SSR what would you use..? I'm just leaning that way to keep the wire size down and for simplicity. I'm planning to use the solid-state relay to control the power contactor to the pump. As to what wire I'm looking for.... anything that is functional for this purpose and...
  10. ronan

Ok have a good idea for the system now. Any recommendations on a good source for some wire? The pulls will be in the six to seven hundred foot range! And we are talking 4300 ft total length so bulk supply is preferable. Thanks Also an RF link is more expensive when you throw in solar power...
  11. ronan

I need to install a very long (2140ft distance one-way, X2) DC control circuit run through a float switch to control a 220 vac, 1.5 hp submersible water pump in a well pumping up to a gravity feed tank. Tentative planned installation is a wide angle float switch in the water tank, with a solid...
  12. ronan

Best set-up for a very long run to tank float switch & back to contactor/controller

Thanks for the info. Could you tell me what voltage is typical/recommended for the transformer pwr through the float switch on a run that long? And who would you recommend as a good solid manufacture of such an off the shelf control box? It's typically called a simplex control box...Correct...
  13. ronan

Best set-up for a very long run to tank float switch & back to contactor/controller

Any info on a DC float switch circuit running an AC contactor..?
  14. ronan

If I remember right it is a 1 hp, 3 wire Franklin submersible pumping about 8 gallons a minute. Also no power at the tank! I would prefer hard wiring the system.
  15. ronan

Hello everyone just looking to pick some more experienced brains than mine on this mater. I have a 220v pump in my well pumping up to a gravity feed tank on my property 450ft rise & 1800ft run..!. Right now it’s controlled by a simple 220v Intermatic 24 Hour Mechanical Timer/Switch set to run...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks