Search results

1. JohnC

Shower Drain Question

I am remodeling a shower stall, and I very much hope to change the shower drain so it has a straining sytem for catching small objects and hair. With the current drain, we unscrew the strainer and put in one of those rubber strainers with a fine mesh that catches almost all objects...
  2. JohnC

Toilet drain problem ?

Much Thanks Thanks Terry. I sometimes overthink things and I appreciate the sanity check. JohnC
  3. JohnC

Toilet drain problem ?

ABS Cement Required I am putting in another closet flange, a 4x3 inside 4" ABS. The 4x3 will extend about 1.5 inches inside the 4" pipe, and 2" below that point the drain transitions into a 90 degreee elbow. The drain assembly is not very accessible if I ever have to replace the closet...
  4. JohnC

Toilet drain problem ?

Thanks Again Wow. The diamond drill bit website is one of the most thorough product websites I've seen. I ordered a core bit today. They promptly followed up and called as promised to make arrangements for 2 day freight. If it means anything, :) I mentioned the referral from this forum...
  5. JohnC

Toilet drain problem ?

Thanks I should have provided more info about the drain pipe. I previously cut the old closet flange of f and there is only an open 4" ABS drain pipe stub at the old floor level. I have a new closet flange that will insert within the existing abs stub so the flange will rest on top of the...
  6. JohnC

Toilet drain problem ?

I would very much appreciate anyone's advice on whether and how to correct a problem. I was nearing the end of my bathroom remodel, but my pace was slow and my better half demanded that I call in a contractor to finish off the tile flooring more quickly. The floor is 5/8 plywood with another...
  7. JohnC

Removing Closet Flange Metal Collar

Much Thanks Rob As much as I enjoy home projects, I've had too many jolts when doing basic electrical work. I appreciate your quick help. As you cautioned me, there is no separate ground wire on the house side, so I'll tie off the light fixture ground wire to the junction box - and trying...
  8. JohnC

Electrical Question on near finished bathroom I am just about finished with my bathroom, and I am struggling to replace the light fixture. I am a true novice with electricity, but I thought changing the light wouldn't be too bad until I looked at the wires connected to the existing light. I...
  9. JohnC

Thanks much HJ. The metal collar is off and I'm now putting in an extra 1/2" plywood. It was a smidge precarious because the drain piping wanted to bounce as i cut it, and so I had to give it a good grip with one hand while cutting around the inner circumference of the metal collar. All's...
  10. JohnC

:confused: I am going add either 3/8 or 1/2 ACX plywood and ditra over exisiting 5/8 plywood as I prepare to replace linoleum with 12x12 ceramic tile in an upstairs bathroom. I very much prefer to cut the ACX so it is within 1/4" to 3/8 of the 4" ABS drain pipe. I believe this will give me the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks