Search results

1. CFoote

What do I do with this old bathtub?!

Thanks HJ! Thats a great point about getting it OUT of the house. Fortunately this one is only 5 feet, so getting a replacement in is do-able by standing the tub up on end to get it in, but otherwise there would be problems maneuvering in the hallway. Any thoughts on the Americast tub I...
  2. CFoote

Thanks Terry! I agree, it's probably best if I replace the tub. The drain system is probably out of code and could be updated in the process as well. I know this is from Home Depot (gulp), but any thoughts on the American Standard Americast tubs?
  3. CFoote

Thanks! Those are some very good points! I'll check out the other Toto toilets.
  4. CFoote

Good point! I helped my neighbor demo his bathroom, and boy, that cast iron tub didn't come out easy, but we got it out in about an hour with a very heavy sledge. Chris
  5. CFoote

Hey Jimbo! Thanks for the response. I am indeed going to redo the whole thing -- new sheetrock is going up, the tile on the floor is being ripped up, and all of the plumbing is going to be redone. It lasted 40 years, so it served it's time :-) Having said that, I think you are right, it's...
  6. CFoote

Hi Everyone, I am finally getting ready to redo the bathroom in my house. It's the original, and boy, does it need some help! So I've finally picked out a toilet (Go Toto Drake!), fixtures, new vanity, new countertop, and new tile for the floor and tub/shower. The big problem I have...
  7. CFoote

Just Moved In -- Hot Water Is A Mess!

Gentlemen, many thanks for your responses. I will be sure to check out the mixing valve and will probably get it replaced. I used to have a water softener and miss it, so that will most likely be on my list of things to do as well. Thanks a lot for the advice, and if anyone has any other...
  8. CFoote

Just Moved In -- Hot Water Is A Mess!

Hi Guys, I hear there are some experts on this board so I thought I would see if someone can point me in the right direction with my problem, or at least who I should direct my question to -- a furance expert or a plumber? I have a Slant Fin Liberty LD-30 furnace with a tankless coil...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks