Search results

1. Infinity03

Replacing submersible - Aermotor, Franklin, Myers, Sta-Rite? PVC or metal drop pipe?

The system was using well water till recently, so I assume 40psi is all I need - but I don't know for sure. I know it would be ideal to know what size pump is at the bottom of the well, but I don't know that and would like to have everything here so I can get it done in one day. Assuming 40psi...
  2. Infinity03

Replacing submersible - Aermotor, Franklin, Myers, Sta-Rite? PVC or metal drop pipe?

Thanks for the reply valveman. This will only be used for irrigation, from what I've read most sprinkler heads/rotors only needs about 40psi. Does that make a difference?
  3. Infinity03

I just checked all my zones using the city water supply which is about 60psi and outputs a max of 21gpm. The largest zone (11 pop up heads) was using 16gpm. All the other zones have less heads and are between 8-12gpm. Would I be best of going with a 1hp 20gpm or a 16gpm?
  4. Infinity03

Thanks for the advice. Since I don't know what pump is in the well, would me running the sprinkler system on each zone (using city water) and seeing how many gallons are used per minute be a good way to estimate what gpm pump I should go with? The city water is actually operating my sprinklers...
  5. Infinity03

Hello, New member here who doesn't know much about wells or pumps except for what I've been able to read here and elsewhere online. It's time to replace my submersible pump and drop pipe. I've contacted 3 local well companies who I've heard good things about for estimates. All three have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks