Search results

1. TrapperMark

Collapsed Well Need Opinions

Craig; You were right about the well collapsing again, went to lower the pump and only went an additional 20 ft before it stopped. Guess maybe i should have lined hole right after the rebore but still not convinced it could have supplied enough for daily use to justify expense. Driller...
  2. TrapperMark

Thanks for the heads up. Pitless attempt was a decent tug and that was it. A quick tap with the sledge should break the seal i bet. The system is heavy and no fun without a wheel or mechanical help, I used a tri pod the last couple of times and it worked well. Also, i required the driller tie...
  3. TrapperMark

That is about it, but we have low flush toilets, really watch our water consumption and supplement the well by having bottled water etc. We have been without a constant supply of well water for so long it now comes natural to saving water. Feels like an expensive camping trip is what i tell my...
  4. TrapperMark

What was suggested to me by a friend is drop the pump down deep (350-400) , see what happens and make a decision to line the hole then. His reason was that if i backfilled, lowered the pump and began to use water as it gets low perhaps those smaller veins down deep will flow better due to the...
  5. TrapperMark

Well it did happen, ran out later in the day after the post. Craig: u were right, it was a waste of time and some seeds of false hope on my part too. And a big thanks for the slotting tip, very appreciated indeed and a DIY! My only caution/worry lining the hole is after putting the pump all...
  6. TrapperMark

A quick up date.. Drill rig came up a week ago and re-bored hole but also drilled another 120 ft with the theory of opening more water viens help a low yeilding well. This now puts my well depth at 480, the deepest in my area. After a 48 hr wait the driller came back to re install pump but had...
  7. TrapperMark

Constant Pressure Pump Flashing Green but No Water.

I have a franklin sub pack 75 controller and a franklin 5 gallon per min pump. Lately it still is shutting down after a flush but if i leave it alone it starts itlself up after about 5 minutes. i f i cannnot wait i just power down and back up again at my elec panel. this is just weird.. b 4 all...
  8. TrapperMark

A trusted friend has a vs pump and has not had issues since he had it installed about 5 yrs ago. Well driller when asked told me he does not get hardly service calls... I liked the controller side of it when it was explained how it worked, well atleast i did till now. Still not out of the woods...
  9. TrapperMark

I called yesterday morning and i told him what went on and what needed to be done, no if ands or butts. His guys were up b 4 lunch and pulled the pump and it seems the pump generated enough heat to allow a small hole in the poly pipe to form just above the pump! They mentioned the head pressure...
  10. TrapperMark

Well collapsed as i posted earlier this month with that problem. We have struggled with that all winter but we had a little bit of water, enough for some of the daily use. Last week we ran out, as usual, got it back then ran out again soon after that. When it runs out the controller flashes a...
  11. TrapperMark

Valveman: There is no other well to T into. Craigpump has suggested 4" pvc after the clean out which sounds like a good idea. I assume the pre slotted pipe is sewer drain pipe? Craig the original well provides less than 5 gallons per minute, now i would guess than 1 gallon. Another driller has...
  12. TrapperMark

Hello, been on here for a while and have learned alot. Below is a bit long winded but neccessary.. Just built new home in the fall and had a well drilled to 360ft, 20ft of casing the rest hard rock. We were told it was not a gusher but the volume should make up for that, i also hired them to...
  13. TrapperMark

Pump Runs Non Stop trying to reach cut off pressure setting

I have replaced the line into the well and the fittings at the pump and nothing changed so it has to be the pump. There is now nothing left that has not been changed or checked. VAWELLDRILLER was correct in his diagnosis. My pump brand is not a franklin but Mastercraft ( canadian tire brand)...
  14. TrapperMark

VA- Don't think the pump is too small, it worked for a week b 4 things went south. Cacher- My lateral is after my tank and check valve but i am thinking the drop is the problem. Not sure what a pitless adapter but i think u mean the piece attached to the pump... LL - Pump is held on with a Large...
  15. TrapperMark

Pump - Franklin 1/2 hp 2 wire submersable (installed 1 week ago) Switch - Franklin D Switch (new last week as well) 30/50 psi cutoff's Pump Depth 100ft Well Depth 120ft Pressure Tank - Redline 40 gallon Pump Wire changed 5 yrs ago Water Line - age unknown O.k, I have looked over the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks