Search results

1. dlipter

Lead Content of Cross Fitting.

I am becoming obsessed with toxic metals and plumbing. I have a 3/4 (nibco) copper cross fitting that is cast out of a copper alloy that contains 8-9% lead. I would like to use this fitting in a residential project but the lead content haunts me. Things to consider. 1) Old house with brass...
  2. dlipter

Brass to Copper Replacement

I'm not concerned about the sweated joints leaking. My concern is the NPT threaded coupling leaking at the thread junction. I can't pressure test the threads until I solder everything up. Once everything is soldered, the threads can't be tightened.
  3. dlipter

Brass to Copper Replacement

I'm replacing a section of threaded brass water pipe with copper to install a "point of entry" bypass for a whole house water filter. I have limited space between opposing brass threaded fittings to work with. If I sweat the new copper solid using a sweated slip coupling as the last joint, and...
  4. dlipter

Taking Apart Old Threaded Brass Pipe

I have a threaded brass pipe assembly that's maybe 70-80 yrs old (3/4" pipe into a 1.5" Reducer Tee) that I want to take apart. I scraped off the old hardened pipe dope and wire brushed the exposed threads to get a good look at the condition and it looks great. Can I expect to unscrew the...
  5. dlipter

Steel to Copper Union With a Plastic Fitting

Galvanized Steel to Copper Union With a Plastic Quick Connect Fitting I have a Watts (SeaTech) WaterPex 3/4" CTS x 3/4 MPT plastic fitting. Can this be used in place of a dielectric union between galvanized steel & copper? The 3/4" MPT side would screw into a steel female thread, and the other...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks