Search results

1. FRS

Jet pump rapid short cycling at cut-out

interesting thing happened last weekend. lost power (storm) overnight on the friday night. power comes back on about 11 am saturday morning. water works very briefly, then nothing. then it comes back for a few seconds of dribble in the sink. hmmmm... go down to pump and it's at...
  2. FRS

Rocket....if I switched it over internally to 240 (keeping it on the 120 line) would my light dimming go away? Anyway guys, I tore the switch apart...membrane had a couple cracks in it (like what you would see on the sidewall of an old tire)....replaced the switch....in retrospect, cracks...
  3. FRS

Thanks guys. Heading up tomorrow....new switch and new 3/4hp pump (maybe I'll just install it anyway...5.5 amp instead of 8.5 should get rid of my light dimming issue....) is in the truck (pain in the a** to run for stuff). I'll clean out the line to the switch and we'll see where we go from...
  4. FRS

ah ha! sediment. I don't think we have a location issue....never have before. granted, it was 10:30 at night so I didn't take the cover off the switch but sat on a rock pointing a flashlight at the gauge and watched it for half an hour. pretty well precisely every minute or so it would...
  5. FRS

just a question....why does that explain why it is cutting in at 40 when it should be cutting in at 20....am i right that anything in between should make no difference to the switch and, ultimately, the pump until it gets down to 20?
  6. FRS

alright, down the cliff,,back up the cliff...etc. etc. (3 yr old and 6 yr old and wife looking at me like I'm mental all at the same time.....) a.o. smith built for Home Hardware. i installed it end of september last year so not so sure about the rust question. ok, ok, I hear "warranty"...
  7. FRS

Texas....this is actually what I'm thinking. I think some dirt has got into the nipple and is playing games with the switch (just my thought in the recesses of my brain). I haven't taken it apart yet (had wife and children there on the weekend....didn't want to mess with it if you understand...
  8. FRS

no galvanised. black water line, pex and copper (hey, it's a cottage)...moving to all pex however. no obstructions....water flows at pressure and volume the way it always has. it's just the silly thing is cycling rapidly at it's cut out.....had cycling before at cut in which makes sense for a...
  9. FRS

75 feet away and 15 feet vertical. Has never been an issue. Tank is brand new and reads 18 lbs. Trust me, aside from leaks that's the first thing I checked. Again, the system is NOT losing pressure. Therefore no leaks. And, I have checked the entire system for leaks. Silly thing just...
  10. FRS

Thanks. I did pull the intake out of the lake and checked....no leaks or obstructions on the foot valve and there are no leaks anywhere in the system. Pressure does not dip from 40 before the pump decides to bizarrely cycle...but as I describe, the pressure then swings wildly as it quickly...
  11. FRS

My jet pump (1/2hp) has started cycling very rapidly at the cut-out (40psi). Cycles perhaps 4 or 5 times in the space of a few seconds...pressure guage fluctuates rapidly with it and then shuts off and sits happily at 40psi. It will do this every minute or so without any demand in the system...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks