Search results

1. Rich_B

Basement shower trap rough in height

After I remove some concrete to set the p trap for a shower pan, what's a good rough in height for the trap? An inch or two below the bottom of the concrete slab then cut the excess 2" pipe before installing the pan? Does it depend on make/mfgr of the drain or are all shower drains standard?
  2. Rich_B

Cutting/Breaking up concrete basement floor

I'll be breaking up the concrete basement floor soon to install the shower trap and looking for the best blade to use on my circular saw. From what I've read, a diamond blade seems to be the best method for scoring the concrete a couple of inches and sledging the rest. Any advice on method...
  3. Rich_B

Buried fernco fitting

:DThanks for the previous help on my below floor ejector pump in the basement. I ran all the supply lines, DWV piping, and electrical for the bar sink and it's working great. Both the pump and check valve operate quieter than I thought it would be. I'm now moving to the bathroom and may start...
  4. Rich_B

Gate Valve on 2" Ejector Basin discharge line

Ok...makes really great sense now. I'm doing the work myself and would not install the line without it....just never considerd the possible amount of "head" that could be in the line...or replacing the check valve. Thanks!
  5. Rich_B

Gate Valve on 2" Ejector Basin discharge line

:confused:I know a gate valve is required on the 2" DWV line upstream from the check valve from the ejector pump basin. What's the purpose for the gate valve if it's always opened? Is it used to regulate/restrict the diameter to avoid possible air hammer/chatter during discharge?
  6. Rich_B

Basement Raised Shower: Add a "step up" riser

I need to pull the lid off the cover (flush with floor) and double check. I'm pretty sure the basin has just one (1) influent line that runs from the stool flange (already roughed-in). What type of connector is used after the shower P trap to make the connection into the existing influent line?
  7. Rich_B

Thanks for everyone's professional input. I wan't sure if this was a viable option so glad I asked. I'll definately scratch the raised option and may break up the concrete down the road if I even opt to put in a shower or tub. The 1/2 bath is already roughed in for sink and toilet, but I was...
  8. Rich_B

I will be putting a shower in the basement with 8' ceilings. I already have the roughed-in ejector pump basin, unused/separate 2" vent through roof, and toilet flange drain connected beneath the concrete to the basin. The shower drain is about 3' from the pump basin I'll be raising the shower...
  9. Rich_B

2" check valve install for Sewage Ejector Pumpon

I've seen installs that show the 2" check valve for an ejector pump installed both vertically and horizontally. My 1/2 hp Flotec pump specifies a horizontal installation (which I will do). Just wondering if why I've seen installs monted vertical.
  10. Rich_B

PSI from 1 HP 4" Submersible Well Pump

OK...thanks for the reply. The drillers came out today and and put on a new pressure relief valve after I told them I doubled up on the zones. They said it's sometime common for the valve not to reseat itself all the way once it blows. The valve reads "Set Press 75 PSI...Max Press 200 PSI."...
  11. Rich_B

PSI from 1 HP 4" Submersible Well Pump

Any idea on what the PSI would be from a 4" submersible well pump (SFS Pro Series)? Manufactured by F.E. Myers 1 HP, 230 Volts, 20 GPM, 9.8 Amps, SF= 1.40, PH=1 Cat No.: 2SFS102-20 The Well is approx. 90 Feet The Motor is a Franklin Electric Model: 2445089003 I need to change out (...
  12. Rich_B

Basement Bath Rough-in

Are you saying that there should be 3 seperate vents: 1 for the bath, 1 for the toilet, 1 for the sink? Thanks
  13. Rich_B

Basement Bath Rough-in

IMG 4475 shows the 2" vent ( capped on the bottom) that goes straight out through the roof. Thanks
  14. Rich_B

Basement Bath Rough-in

Great Forum! One reason I bought this home is because previous owners opted for a basement rough-in. However, I'm not sure a tub can be done. A few questions: 1. Is this current setup for just a toilet and sink? 2. Is a tub possible given the current setup? I'm thinking I would have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks