Search results

1. Wallysurfr

Shallow Driven Well and Air Leak

http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-cavitation.htm Found this pretty good resource on cavitation. I am totally amazed by the physics behind all of this. I really had no idea...
  2. Wallysurfr

Yeah I wish I lived in TX. Too bad I'm stuck in a nanny state (for now). Is there some kind of throttle valve I can install on the pump side to make sure it doesn't try to draw more than the well can give? I read a little about it in another thread. Would going deeper (I have another 5'...
  3. Wallysurfr

ok thanks! So I won't burn my pump out from heat but will cause the worm hole type damage on the impeller? I know it probably depends on the degree of cavitation but about how long do you think the pump will last? Hopefully the issue will be fixed once I get some restrictors (sprinker heads)...
  4. Wallysurfr

5 points for every answered question. So far, valveman is in the lead... 1. Do you guys recommend Teflon tape and dope or just dope? 2. Can I put 1” PVC w/ internal couplings (assuming it will fit) down the galv pip like a straw in order to eliminate the under ground air leak? A...
  5. Wallysurfr

Newbie asking questions about hand pump

oh ok I guess my newbieness is showing. I have a pitcher pump that I wanted to do this with. I guess that's different than a hand pump?
  6. Wallysurfr

Sick! I will make more zones w less heads per zone so I'm never trying to flow more than 2-3 gpm. Maybe as the well pumps and continues to develop the air will go away. I'm going to design a test. Hook up the sprinkler head w/ 1.36 gpm and stick the head under water and see if I get air...
  7. Wallysurfr

Newbie asking questions about hand pump

I thought about trying that but I have 1.25" coming out of the well. I was going to have a T instead of the elbow heading to the pump then off the top of the T a nipple and the hand pump. Is that not possible? Would the hand pump add to my air leak? Can air get past the leathers? Could...
  8. Wallysurfr

Thought of a couple more questions: 1. Would a pressure tank solve this problem? 2. Will I destroy the pump with a small amount of air in the water? I have felt the pump after 3 hours of pumping and the wet side is not hot at all, water never gets hot either.
  9. Wallysurfr

No Water from Shallow Well

Let's try the free stuff first before you start buying stuff: 1. Does the pump have a priming port? 2. Is there an above ground check valve? ie: is there anything above ground that looks like a coupling but is not a coupling and might say flow with an arrow on it? Determine FOR SURE how...
  10. Wallysurfr

Thanks Valveman! would the air bubbles be a symptom of a tight formation? will the formation loosen over time w/ pumping? The way I have my zones setup, I don't need more than 3 gpm (yard is small), will the sprinklers work with the air in the line or will they spit? I think I...
  11. Wallysurfr

Type of pump? Jet Pump (above ground): Flotech 1/2 HP Shallow Well Jet One or two pipes down the well: 1 Pump Model # FP 4012 Date Pump Installed: 4/20/13 Pumping from? Water Well Depth of well: 36" screen point at 18' Depth to water: ~10' Pipe Size 1.25 Galv Steel" Well Recovery...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks