Search results

1. diverdave

Questioning Cost of Toilet Install

I'm not arguing about the rates, they are what they are. Its virtually impossible to get a fixed price out of a plumber for a job like this at least in my area, they won't come out and look at it beforehand and quote you. Additionally, I'd used these guys twice before and did not have a...
  2. diverdave

Questioning Cost of Toilet Install

I am remodeling a bathroom and I finished laying the porcelain tile floor and left the rough-in for the toilet exactly where the old one was. The toilet riser underneath was 4" copper and I explained that to them in advance and they ordered the right size flex coupling to connect the PVC from...
  3. diverdave

Cutting large copper pipe in tight space

I ended up using my dremel tool with a metal blade and cut it from the inside and it worked well. I was stretching the limits of the dremel I think, it got really hot but I let it cool a couple of times and it got the job done. Thanks for the suggestions!
  4. diverdave

Thanks for the replies, the reciprocating saw won't fit between the joists b/c the joists are boxed and the saw it too long so the smaller reciprocating saw would probably work but I was looking for a more economical approach. How about going at it with a dremel tool and a metal cutting blade...
  5. diverdave

Hello, I am remodeling a bathroom and I need to cut out an old 4" copper pipe in the crawlspace that is run very tightly between two joists. I can't get my reciprocating saw on it and I don't think I can get a regular hacksaw on it either. Any advice on how to cut this pipe? Also, when...
  6. diverdave

Weatherproof J Box with no holes, how to add conduit adapter

I have two main question: I need to run conduit into a weatherproof j box with no holes. Which adapters do you use for the j boxes with no holes? After you drill the hole do you use the the adapters with screw on rings...
  7. diverdave

Splicing 10/3 with ground and 10/3 without ground

I was not planning on getting a permit. In fact, I have an old piece of 10/3 with no ground that I was originally going to use for this extension but then I thought it would be better to get a new piece but I forgot to consider the ground. I understand that running a new cable back to the...
  8. diverdave

Splicing 10/3 with ground and 10/3 without ground

I am moving an oven and need to splice about 15' of 10/3 onto the existing cable. The existing cable is 10/3 with no ground and the new cable I picked up is 10/3 with ground. What should I do with the ground when I make the splice to extend the cable, should I leave it unconnected or should I...
  9. diverdave

Hot and Neutral Connected Together

Thanks everyone, I understand now. I got to thinking about it and it makes sense if that line goes to the switch as you guys have pointed out.
  10. diverdave

Hot and Neutral Connected Together

So I am working on a remodel and I disconnected a light fixture and I found three cables into a junction box where a neutral was connected to two of the hot wires. The hot and neutral pigtails you see in the picture were being used to power the light. Why wouldn't all of the hot and neutral...
  11. diverdave

Replace Cast Iron Toilet Flange or not?

I was able to easily get the metal flange off and I examined it closely and it doesn't look cracked. The pipe that it came off of is 4" copper. I was anticipating that I would have to replace the metal flange. What would be the best thing to replace it with?
  12. diverdave

I don't think it is cracked. I just looked at it again and it looks like it was made that way. All of the other holes are through the metal but that one that you see in the picture has the side cut out. Would it matter if it is cracked, wouldn't I be replacing it with a PVC flange?
  13. diverdave

Great, thanks! I hadn't noticed the lead b/c there was still a bunch of wax covering it. I see how it is attached now and I should be able to remove it. I have a similar question for my shower. I was able to get the drain off (there was also a lead ring around that old drain) and now there...
  14. diverdave

I am remodeling a bathroom and planning to tile the floor. I laid the first layer of underlayment and now and I realize I made a mistake by cutting out the hole for the toilet flange too large. I cut it to fit over the flange so the flange won't be sitting on top of the underlayment. So that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks