Search results

1. BJW

New Toilet Leaking

I have a call into the plumber now. While I'm certain he knows to check the flange and the wax rings, I'll ask him about seeing if we can't level the toilet out a bit using shims. Thank you for your replies. BJW
  2. BJW

New Toilet Leaking

I had a new toilet (Kohler) installed. It's been in two days and I notice a slight leaking around the toilet seal where the toilet sits on the tile floor. I've called the plumber to come fix it, but before he arrives I would like to know what would cause this leakage. I want to know what...
  3. BJW

Tiling around bathroom light switches

Got it. Longer screws, square washers. Thank you each for your help.
  4. BJW

Cleaning Tile Kitchen Counters

After having read all the tips and advise on sealing tile and grout, I'm pretty clear how to clean, maintain, and protect my new bathrooms. Each bathroom is now, or will be, tiled. Unlike the bathrooms, the new kitchen tile, which is drying as I write, will be used endlessly. Sometimes my...
  5. BJW

Thanks Finnegan: I'm not sure what "ears" are, but I imagine I can purchase box extenders and longer screws at any building supply store. And I will make certain the power is off.
  6. BJW

Kohler / Toto Choices

After having spent all afternoon reading about toilets I'm now reasonably clear that I should not purchase AS Champion model, while Toto is clearly one of the best choices on the market. I am currently remodeling 2.5 baths. I have two Kohler Wellsworth elongated models sitting in my garage ready...
  7. BJW

Tiling questions: How do I tile around and adjust light switches and receptacles and then reinstall the plates so they are flush to the new walls and backsplashes. All advise would be greatly appreciated. I'm a new do-it-yourselfer still in learning mode. If you have advise or a website...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks