Search results

1. jammin

Delta Monitor Question

I have just installed a Delta Monitor #1748 Shower/Tub valve and I was checking it out to prior to installing the tub surround. I have good flow when I turn on the hot water only, but if I turn on the cold water only and adjust the temperature knob to cold, I just get a dribble. Am I doing...
  2. jammin

Is "optional mortar bed" necessary?

tub/shower brand I am using a Sterling Acclaim unit with webbed bottom. The floor is pretty level. Is setting in mortar not recommended? Will it help to set in mortar?
  3. jammin

Structo-lite I am still trying to locate Structo-lite, and I may have a lead. What are the advantages of Structo-lite over sand mix. Pros or cons of each?
  4. jammin

Tub choice - Sterling Vakrell or Lasco 2603-2p

Help Any other comments on this installation?
  5. jammin

Help - suggestions My progress has been slow this weekend - did not complete this weekend. Will work on through the week! I have lined up the location of the water valve, spout and head, and also have copper fit - just need to solder! Also need to locate the drain before setting the tub...
  6. jammin

Help I have only found sand mix and plaster of paris. Would either of these work if I can't locate the Structolite? What's best. What is the best way of laying the bed? My understanding is a 2-3" thick over entire bottom area, laying visqueen over the mud, then setting in the tub and...
  7. jammin

Structolite on Sterling tub I am installing a Sterling Vikrell unit. Does this make a difference on what material to use? Is there any of the above that are not desired? I have not located Structolite locally yet, so I had purchased sand mix - is that a problem? Does the Structolite break...
  8. jammin

No caulk Are these truely no caulk, or are you better off caulking anyway? Does it help at all?
  9. jammin

I am replacing an old fiberglass tub/shower with a new unit. I am trying to decide what my best choice would be! I was looking at the Sterling Acclaim, Lasco 2603-trio 9don't like seem on back wall, but they don't have a 3-piece surround), or Lasco 2603-2p (but I don't know if I can swing this...
  10. jammin

Mortar Bed Is Structolite the same as Plaster of paris? I have seen the following - what is correct or best? Gypcrete Structolite Quickcreke sand mix Plaster of Paris Mortar mix
  11. jammin

Mortar Bed Do you use concrete mortar or can you use plaster of paris? I have heard both before! What would be better? Thanks, Bob
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks