Search results

1. ChakaRaka

Building a Laundry Grey Water Seepage Pit - Stage 1: Indoor Plumbing

So my run may be marginally passable then? Are sink P-Traps available in 2"? If so, I could scrap all the 1-1/2" except the existing vent stack and run 2" from sink drain to the drain pipe and be within your guidelines.
  2. ChakaRaka

I had never heard of oakum prior to googling it. Where does one acquire such a thing? I have never seen it in a store before. The pipe on the sink steps up from 1-1/2" to 2". The run from trap to vent stack T is just shy of 5'. My drawing is dimensioned, I just turned that layer off for...
  3. ChakaRaka

I will check what my local regulations are. Based on your local regulations, what options would you have in a repair like this? I was under the impression that traps were required even on grey water systems because they still have harmful gasses from decomposition/bacteria growth? I have...
  4. ChakaRaka

I am currently trying to find legislation or guidelines on grey water disposal, unsuccessfully. I am also in a semi-rural area that was not even considered part of the city until recently. So according to you guys, my options are to excavate an unknown (and already heavily burdened) septic...
  5. ChakaRaka

Hi, Our house is on a septic system so our laundry grey water drains into a seperate Seepage Pit. We recently had our (existing) laundry Seepage Pit back up and start flooding out of the washing machine drain pipe. The laundry room sink also stopped draining. After 2 nasty days with a 50'...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks