Search results

1. B

Sump float switch position

sump float position Thanks to both of you. I remember seeing that answer a while ago. I guess the other thing was a coworker mentioned that keeping a little water in the bottom of the drain tile helped to reduce radon levels(?). Not sure if that is true or not.
  2. B

Sump float switch position

Is there a recommended setting for my pedestal sump's float switch? I seem to recall a while back someone posting that it didn't matter... but a friend had mentioned setting it so that it is activated when the water level is just below where the drain tiles enter the crock, and off when it...
  3. B

Water leaking from under toilet

amateur thoughts... if it is a recessed flange, and you are a D.I.Y. person, the FERNCO waxless gasket (at least for me and my friends) works GREAT. You have to seriously clean off any wax (I used wd-40 and a scraper, then used a degreaser to clean it off. If it is some kind of micro crack...
  4. B

Leveling a toilet: Is this method ok?

epoxy putty? I saw some epoxy putty at a local hardware center that might work for something like that... in supplement to wood shims and the caulk. It is green on the outside, and when it is mixed, causes a catalytic reaction and dries white (sorta like that "quickplumbfix" stuff, except...
  5. B

Pressure assist toilets

Oooh...wait... I should clarify "big." I mean like 6'5", and 230 lbs... more like a linebacker than obese. And by the "mass of their product," I mean...well...um...pooh. There seems to be occasional plunging and fairly frequent bowl "kling-ons."
  6. B

Pressure assist toilets

Any Recs O.K. After reading these posts, I am not yet sold on the pressure assist technology. My Uncle loves his CRANE model and swears by it, but its only 2-3 yrs. old. FOLLOWUP question-- what toilet would be the best consider the...uh...size /mass of waste... and desired cleanliness? I've...
  7. B

Pressure assist toilets

I have three big sons... so I am looking into a pressure assist toilet (I think Crane was one we looked at) for their bathroom. I have a (perhaps silly) question that I can't find an FAQ answer to. Is there any risk to plumbing at all from Pressure assist toilets? supply or waste (PVC)? If...
  8. B

Looking for a good, inexpensive one-piece toilet

recommendations... I figgered as much. You definitely do get what you pay for, but occasionally you get pleasantly surprised by a well-functioning cheapie. I was kinda hoping something like that (as unrealistic as it seems) might occur, and either a pro or D.I.Y.er would know...like an 02...
  9. B

Looking for a good, inexpensive one-piece toilet

We need to replace a builder installed mansfield (134) toilet. I'm fishing for recommendations. From my limited knowledge, I need a brand/model that: __one-piece __comes in silver or gray (match bath) __>/= 2" glazed trap __a fairly large flush valve __good bowl-wash and flush...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks