Search results

1. Shelly296

Bathroom group

Thanks for the reply. I've heard the refrigerator line before. I thought that since the bath group was going to be wet vented through the lav, the drains needed to be run in a certain order for the vent to work correctly. I am having a plumber run the drainage lines and am trying to get some...
  2. Shelly296

Bathroom group

I have a bathroom group that has a toilet, single lavatory, and combo tub shower. The shower drain is less than 5 feet from the lav. I am planning on running the shower and lav with a 2 inch drain and the toilet will be a three inch line. The lav will have a two inch vent running through the...
  3. Shelly296

Question about p-trap

Thank you for hanging on through my many questions. Your reply before this one was so helpful and saved me from making the mistake that you cited above. So, my new set-up is a combination of help from you and terry. Since my washer box has the drain in the middle, I took Terry's suggestion...
  4. Shelly296

Question about p-trap

Here is what i came up with today. And yes, the previous poster was correct, i do not know much about venting. I came out of the washer box with piece of 2 inch PVC. Then i put in a wye that is 2x2x1 1/2 inch to run the inch and a half vent to the attic and i need to check with the inspector...
  5. Shelly296

Question about p-trap

The original trap was in the crawl space with the vent for the whole house being tee'd off of the main waste drain horizontally through the crawl and then the vent going outside the house where it ran vertically up about 7 feet. We see this a lot here around the old lake cottages; vents running...
  6. Shelly296

Question about p-trap

I am running a new washer box. The original one had the water and drain on the wall. Since I have gutted the bathroom, I could install a new box, larger supply pipes, and proper 2 inch drain because that is the backside to the laundry area. When I drilled the hole for the drain line that goes...
  7. Shelly296

Water supply question, small cottage

Thank you all so much. Looks like I will be going with the one inch pex line because I will be pushing that line through a wall and sill plate running at an angle to get into the crawl space. Would really like to run a manifold system but I'm going to have enough trouble getting the hot and...
  8. Shelly296

I noticed that the pex ID is about a size under what pex and cpvc is. That's why i was wondering if should run 1 inch pex. This is a small, summer cottage. I was just planning to run a main trunk line and branch off with 1/2 inch to each fixture. Shelly
  9. Shelly296

It's inch and 1/4 line coming into well and 1/2 inch copper coming out and then reducing to 3/8 inch copper. The well head is just on the other side of the wall to where the pump sits. Well was driven by hand about 3 feet away from the house exterior wall and goes under the house 4 feet and...
  10. Shelly296

It is really going to take some doing to get 3/4 inch pex coming from the well pump. But, i was just a little bit hopeful another plan would work. Can you ever go from a smaller pipe to a larger one? Would you even notice the difference since the water is restricted from the start? Looks...
  11. Shelly296

Bought a foreclosure house that was not winterized properly, so I have no idea how well the water lines originally worked. What I am doing is running new pex to most of the fixtures. This is a 900 square foot cottage. Will have washer, one full bath, kitchen sink, dishwasher and fridge water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks