Search results

1. John28

Gas furnace/water tank termination?

I have an unfinished attic I rarely go in, but recently went in and noticed the duct for the gas furnace/ water tank is corroded where it goes through the roof sheathing. It has pin holes in it, so metal taped it, until it can be replaced. This was probably done 20 years or so ago by...
  2. John28

Proper Gas Hot Water Tank Flushing

My unit is a year old now, which I'm going to drain and flush. First I'll turn the thermostat off and shut the gas line off to drain. But my question is, how long should I wait for cool down for the tank to normalize before filling or flushing with cold water? I read where many set it to pilot...
  3. John28

Toto Entrada

Awhlie back I was asking and researching toilets for a small basement bathroom. Was looking for something not too big and , with a lower economy price. Went with the Entrada after reading, and must say, I'm very pleased, unit flushes well, has never clogged, and looks good in a smaller bathroom...
  4. John28

Gas water tank install

Need to replace a gas water heater and had a few questions? 1. Home Depot has Rheem and Lowes has Whirlpool, any preference? 2. Best way to tie into plumbing , right now the old is hard lined to the tank. Hard line, Copper Flex, Stainless flex, etc.? 3. I'm replacing the cold shutoff...
  5. John28

Setting a toilet

I'm going to be setting a new toilet in a bathroom I just tiled, and was curious how the pro's secure the base? I've read to seal with caulk or grout the whole way around, but always questioned this? Really don't like the idea of sealing the whole base, if a leak should develope, I'd like to...
  6. John28

Site issues?

Not sure why, but on my desktop, this site is incomplete, can't view or post threads. But my I pad has no issues, as I'am using it now to post. Anyone else have this issue, don't understand as no other sites give me issues and my desktop was just cleaned and updated with antivirus?
  7. John28

Can anyone identify this 1/4 stop?

I been searching all around for a couple compression type stops, 1/4 ball vale with a Stainless Steel ball. Not sure if they even exsist, this is all I came across on the web? It's on YouTube and not sure if it's a Stainless Steel ball, or chome plated, not sure? He never does mention the brand...
  8. John28

Ball Valve questions

While I'm in the vacinty of replumbing my washer, I'm also replacing 1 shutoff to an outside spigot, and 2 shutoffs to the laundry tub. 1.The shutoff for the outside spigot is in a run between an elbow and Tee. Would it be acceptable to buy the threaded type ball valve, then also buy male...
  9. John28

Washing machine box rough in

My question pertains to the washing machine box rough in with supplies and standpipe. Under normal rough in this box usually ends up around 42 -48in., but what about todays pedestal washers putting them at a height of 53in.? Is there a standard rough in for these, as the 42-48in. height would be...
  10. John28

Time Out Valve

When I replumb my washing machine drains and supplies, I was lookinag putting in a manual Time Out Valve that comes with attached hammer arresters. My supply shut offs are in need of replacing along with the rubber washing machine supply hoses. So decided to put new shut offs, with new...
  11. John28

ABS or Sched. 40 PVC?

I'm getting a new washer, and Im looking to do some replumbing, for a laundry tub and washer, drains, P-traps, standpipe, etc. What I have existing, is ABS which comes through the basement concrete. My question? Should I just replumb with ABS, or switch to PVC? I realize both reqire different...
  12. John28

Grout

Do any of you have any expierence with TEC Power Grout? I'm getting ready to grout a traditional shower I built and narrowed my 2 choices down to Laticret Permacolor or TEC Power Grout? I know Epoxy is popular, but with very little grouting expierence, I'm going with 1 of the 2 cement type...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks