Search results

1. ChrisMDL

Wet venting laundry group from old drain

Hello All, I hope you can check to see if my plan will work. I am moving my laundry from the 1st floor to the basement. Currently it drains through a 2" copper drain, the 1.5" kitchen sink also drains to the 2", then goes into my basement floor. Both of these drains share a vent that connects in...
  2. ChrisMDL

Drain and Vent in Cantilevered Bump Out Addition

Hey All, in the very early stages of conceptualizing a kitchen remodel. I am tossing the idea around of a cantilevered bump out addition. See attached pic, that’s 95% of what mine would look like. I plan to have the kitchen sink in this bump out. The joists run the same way as in the picture...
  3. ChrisMDL

What's the newest in automatic laundry shutoffs?

Okay so I am planning a laundry room remodel. I am going from side by side top loaders to a stacked machine front loader setup. I plan to have the machines slid into a cabinet opening, so there will not be ready access to the back of the machines without pulling them out. I also don't want to...
  4. ChrisMDL

Critique my single vanity to double vanity plan

Hey all, I’m hoping you all can tell me if I’m on the right track here. I have 2” copper drains and I’d like to convert a single vanity to a double vanity. should I do all the PVC in 2” and stub 2” out of the wall? How do I adapt to the 1 1/2” tubular for the sinks? also is the plan I drew up...
  5. ChrisMDL

Replacing brass tub drain with PVC

Hey all, Nothing but great things to say about the forum. Immense help. Hoping to tap your knowledge yet again. I need to replace an old brass tub drain. As you can see in the pictures it's not serviceable. The drain then moves to the stack. I don't think I want to mess with the joint...
  6. ChrisMDL

Yet another utility sink plumbing question

I am adding a utility/slop sink to my main stack in my basement. I will be draining the washing machine into the sink. How does this setup look on the attached picture? Besides the P-Trap for the sink and the Tee for the AAV vent, are there any other special PVC fittings i will need...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks