Search results

1. hboogz

Basement bathroom--use shower vent for toilet

great thread with great detailed pictures. Thanks hammerlane
  2. hboogz

Advise on how to repair leaking copper sweat joint

Would you recommend this version? http://www.lowes.com/pd_173498-138-31400_0__?productId=1043403
  3. hboogz

Crack PVC Drain Stack

Do you have a pic of the final repair ? Curious where did you end up cutting ?
  4. hboogz

Do I need a backflow preventer to keep basement dry?

That first product you linked is really interesting. Theoretically, since I do have a sump pit where the house trap is located, if this were to be installed it would replace the cast iron house trap and combined with a 1/2 hp sump pump when a flood condition occurs even with house water still...
  5. hboogz

Thanks Reach. Do you happen to have a name of what i highlighted in bold so i can look it up? The two plumbing shops closest to me are remarkably unhelpful unless I bring exact names, sku's, sizes, etc. Dumping sewage out from the house is not allowed here in Queens, NY. Although I've heard of...
  6. hboogz

Exactly. When that condition is triggered it really comes down to me being notified of that backed up drain and snaking/clearing it as soon as possible. There is no way I can prevent people on a the 2nd floor to stop using any water if they are not made unaware of the backed up condition, which...
  7. hboogz

All - I have a similar inquiry related to the OP's. I do have have an issue with water (and sewage) backing up to the lowest point in my basement (which happens to be a bathroom) I've read about check valve's but reading on how they work, and correct me if i'm wrong, even if the outbound sewer...
  8. hboogz

Drain gurgle/venting problem tub and shower

Thanks HJ. So the layout and the fittings/connectors are all correct (assuming pitch is right). If this was all 2" then nothing in the drawing would change for it to properly wet vent? Got it.
  9. hboogz

Drain gurgle/venting problem tub and shower

Just trying to get some clarity. In the event this was done with 2", what would the proper way to wet vent? I'm new at this, so forgive me, but would you need to a wye between the shower and the, what i presume is the lav (45 wye) connected on same horizontal? and branch that into the vent stack...
  10. hboogz

Hot Water Lopp off Steam Boiler Suggestions

I'm sorry Dana, but outside of removing the pump and installing in an orientation consistent with your suggestion, is there anything else plausible I can do that will limit the noise ?
  11. hboogz

It's amazing what you can learn form the www. Thank you for taking the time to help this IT nerd better understand plumber speak.
  12. hboogz

This actually happens at my brothers house. Are you referring to the TACO when you mention "it's running" ? The TACO is strictly circulating boiler water for this hot water loop, it's not playing a role in the steam side of the boiler function, that I'm aware of. Could you perhaps explain the...
  13. hboogz

Dana - Tons of great information. Thanks. I don't have the option in re-arranging the pump configuration just yet, but I'll take note for future reference. But, as I understand it, the biggest key is to make sure the pump is always installed below the Boilers' water level. The system provides...
  14. hboogz

rethinking my post, I should probably come up from the floor with bricks/blocks and shim once I get close, then attach strapping ?
  15. hboogz

Dana - Thank you for the helpful reply. Where the pump is located is the highest point in that loop. Do I shut off that valve and the hose valve next to the boiler, then bleed from the hose valve to the left of the pump ? When you mention mechanically supporting the pump, what specifically do...
  16. hboogz

Hot Water Loop off Steam Boiler Suggestions All - I have a hot water loop coming off my Burnham independence steam/gas boiler, as shown. I'm curious about a few things: How do I properly bleed this system without introducing air into this loop? I suppose I need to T-off the red valve...
  17. hboogz

Stop me before I glue this up

Thanks for the clarification nomad.
  18. hboogz

Stop me before I glue this up

Great Thread. I'm a beginner and was wondering if you could identify some of the items I've marked up based on your picture. Green Circle: Is that santee going to a main drain and then a sewage ejector? I believe that's a 3x4X2 ? Blue Circle: Is that what the pro's call putting a santee on "its...
  19. hboogz

Weil McLane boiler keeps shutting off, pressure too high

I'm not a boiler expert either. But when you find that your boiler shuts off, are you seeing the sight glass filled with water ? I had a similar issue happen a few weeks ago and decided to change both the low-water cutoff (probe type) and automatic water feeder (both mcdonnel miller) and haven't...
  20. hboogz

Weil McLane boiler keeps shutting off, pressure too high

Removing that pigtail just requires a few turns from a channel-lock and a rag, so as to not bend/scratch the pipe ? The pigtail tube on my WM boiler is smooth, so curious if you would have to open up the side panel to get access to a threaded connection?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks