Search results

1. E

Help needed please.

Opinion on Rotators vs Rotors Any opinion on using rotators instead of rotors. Some contractors recommend using rotators because they have a more even precipitation rate than rotors.
  2. E

Help needed please.

Pros and Cons of Backflow Preventer Can anyone please recommend what are the pros and cons of using Febco or Conbraco Backflow preventer. Different contractors are recommending different ones. Also should the sprinkler system be designed at 15 GPM or 10 GPM. Right now the pressure is high...
  3. E

Help needed please.

Another question for you Jimbo. I have a 8' x 10' covered patio. Sometime down the road I might consider extending the concrete to one or both sides of the home. If there are spray heads that get installed now with the pipes what would be the impact? One alternative is to not install any pipes...
  4. E

Help needed please.

Thanks for your reply Jimbo. Two more questions. It is recommended that if you are in a cold area then the trench should be dug up so that the plastic pipes in the trench are below the frost zone in the ground. I am in Austin, TX area where we get a few flurries every year with some cold days...
  5. E

Help needed please.

Jimbo, I have a .jpg format layout of my yard (112 kb) but this forum does not allow uploading a file larger than 39 kb, otherwise it would have helped clear what I was saying in my earlier post. I hope the post with the attachment of the quotes is enough for you to give your expert opinion...
  6. E

Help needed please.

Gary, Thanks for clearing out what these swing joints mean. Usually after how many years would I have to raise the height of the spray heads. My yard has bermuda grass and my house is a little less than 3 years old. Thanks.
  7. E

Help needed please.

Thanks for the quick replies Gary and Jimbo, Thanks for the quick replies. All of them did talk about the backflow prevention and getting the permits and inspection done within the bid price. My backyard is about 2000 sq. ft. The front and side yard on one side of the drive way is 2700...
  8. E

Help needed please.

Hello, I am a first time home owner who does not anything about sprinkler systems. I contacted a few local irrigators to bid on a sprinkler system for my house. They have bid with different specifications that I am trying to understand so that I can decide which bid to go with. Any help with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks