Search results

1. lindseybp

Afraid contractor will mess up a Toto Unifit install...need advice.

Terry, unfortunately I'm at work now but will post a pic when I get home tonight. Thanks for all the help. Just trying to avoid my worst nightmare of a bad toilet install. This guy just does not seem to know what he's doing.
  2. lindseybp

Thanks for the response Terry. Another question. The unifit adapter is the standard 12" one. He is now telling me that our base board is too thick and to install the unifit adapter he would have to cut out part of the baseboard. Below the baseboard there is no flooring and so he is telling...
  3. lindseybp

It doesn't matter that the rough in opening is bigger than the unifit opening does it? The guy seems to never have run into that before and he wants to make sure that's ok or something.
  4. lindseybp

Just FYI this will be mounted on a hardwood oak floor and not tile. I'm assuming that's not an issue. thx.
  5. lindseybp

Thanks for the responses. The contractor left and I went and read the instructions....you guys are right....as long as you read the instructions it's easy.....just need to make sure he reads them.
  6. lindseybp

We have a contractor putting in a powder room. I believe he contracted out the plumbing piece as far as running new pipes and setting up the rough in but he is installing the actual toilet and sink. We recently bought a Toto Vespin II and I don't think he is familiar with Toto's. He expected...
  7. lindseybp

Kohler Adair vs Cimarron 1 piece toilets.

Thanks to all for the help. Wife likes skirted so we went ahead and purchased a vespin II today and are having it installed this week.
  8. lindseybp

Reconsidering Kohler and strongly considering Toto Vespin II. Is that a good choice for a Toto?
  9. lindseybp

We are adding a small powder room on our first floor and trying to decide on a toilet. We are down to deciding between the Kohler Adair and the Kohler Cimarron, both in the one piece, 1.28gpf....never had one of these 1.28gpf toilets but I'm assuming they are fine. Outside of the aesthetic...
  10. lindseybp

Toilet plugging issue, need some advice on options

Thanks for all the great feedback. I'm thinking, based on my options, I should have them pull the toilet and use their heavy duty auger as the first step. I'm not sure what sending a camera down would do for me other than being cheaper? If the camera shows a clog then it would have to be...
  11. lindseybp

I'm pretty sure nothing was dropped in but can't be 100% positive. There really isn't anything near it that could drop in and no kids use the toilet.
  12. lindseybp

I have tried plunging the bejesus out of it and it doesn't seem to help. Man were my arms tired! I tried a roughly 3-4 ft snake but that didn't help either.
  13. lindseybp

We have not used the shower since the problem started. Not intentionally because of the problem, we just have had no need to use it. In the past the shower was never an issue. Do you think it would be beneficial to run the shower for a few minutes to see if that drain works properly? One...
  14. lindseybp

Hoping to get some advice from folks on here. So we have a basement bathroom with a toilet, stand up shower and sink. The house is from the 1920's and this bathroom was probably added within the last 10 years prior to when we moved in. We have been in the house for almost 6 years and have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks