Search results

1. joemcl

PEMCO 30 gallon electric

70 years old. Was still working when we removed it.
  2. joemcl

PEMCO 30 gallon electric

Taking this out today. Have never seen a water heater this old. Philadelphia Electric Mfg. Co. Can not fond any info anywhere. Does anyone have any info on this. Serial# N-4341. Maybe made in the 40’s?
  3. joemcl

Plaster of Paris Toilet Base -- Who Uses It?

I have been in the trade over 25 yrs. just outside of philly, and have never seen this.
  4. joemcl

Venting my Rheem with horizontal 3'/5' concentric

In Minneapolis, I assume you get considerable snow. You need to to terminate your vent above expected snow levels.
  5. joemcl

Need help deciding between 3 gas water heater models

You can buy a Rheem 22V50PROFN. Which has an eight year warranty. Add a 4 year warranty upgrade kit (SP20079) which is an extra anode rod that gets put in place of the hot water supply nipple, and some paper work to be sent back to Rheem. This will give you a 12 year warranty, as well as...
  6. joemcl

100 year old drain line professional augering?The kind with blades to remove build-up

If you are going for best cleaning , I would have the lines water jetted.
  7. joemcl

Moentrol, Still no cold water in shower after replacing Moen cartidge

The large screw is your pressure balancing spool. Remove spool and replace, you must turn off water to faucet. Will fix your problem. Most likely not available at box or hardware stores. A plumbing supply will have one.
  8. joemcl

Best way to remove PEX stainless steel cinch style crimp ring?

Here is a link for the tool. http://www.lyncar.com/plumbing/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10_93&products_id=773
  9. joemcl

Watts Backflow Preventer Leak

The Federal Safe Water Drinking Act Was enacted in Dec. 1974. Most municipalities and water companies ignored it for decades. It is only recently,10 yrs or so, strict enforcement began in my area. I am a certified backflow tester.(ASSE) There are several reasons Your device most likely...
  10. joemcl

4 inch waste line stopped up with baby wipes . should I use the b***** drain cleaner?

No liquid drain cleaner will take care of baby wipes. You will have to have the line cleared with a machine.
  11. joemcl

PB to PEX?

The gray end of the Sharbite if for PB Notice grey side of 3/4 coupling is for poly. I don't know what makes it different, only that it is, also does not leak like regular sharkbite.
  12. joemcl

Is my water pressure regulator broken?

It sounds as if your pressure reducing valve is bad. The pressure keeps building as it is slowly letting pressure pass.
  13. joemcl

PB to PEX?

Terry sharkbte makes a transition coupling ftom poly to pex. They are a little hard to get. Either model u 4008 or u 4016. The poly side of the fitting is grey, not gold like regular sharkbite. They also make transition pex crimp fittings, that I can usually find at lowes and plumbing...
  14. joemcl

Cleaning hard water stains off of Toto Drake with CEFIONTECT

Try some white vinegar. It is a mild acid. My wife uses it for alot of cleaning. With a scouring pad should do the trick. I recommend this to customers over clr and the like.
  15. joemcl

Toilet in ERROR i really need help with this one.

It sounds as if main drain is blocked,before it gets to septic. If you flush opposite toilet and the other toilet fills. The waste has nowhere else to go. Is your shower backing up as well?
  16. joemcl

Cast Iron Hub

Can not tell which pipe it is in pics. On a fitting, should be marked. SV for service or XH for extra heavy.
  17. joemcl

Noritz tankless water heater - installed correctly???

I have been told by a factory rep for another mfgr, never to use flexible gas connectors on their tankless. With high gas demand ridges in flex lines can cause your gas pressure to waffle. Also you need to consider more than the gas supply to your noritz when figuring the gas. Calculate all...
  18. joemcl

Good Water heater brands? Reliance, Kenmore....

Rheems 12 yr warranty , add a 2nd anode rod to the tank. Giving you more protection.
  19. joemcl

Securing copper pipe

HYou can secure pipes to floor joists. You're best option would be copper clevis hangers, 3/8" allthread, and 3/8 floor and ceiling plate. We use these all the time. They are easily found, even in hardware store.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks