Search results

1. PixieFix

Faucet hose extension, Chicago

No, I did not know that. Although even without knowing what the code says, I wouldn't think of using a saddle valve. It just defies logic to poke a hole in a pipe then attempt to seal it with a pin (albeit, a thicker pin) and rubber around the pin. Additionally, it’s less trouble (to me) to...
  2. PixieFix

What are the supply lines that come attached to most faucets, sold in hardware stores, generally made of? Are they just rubber hoses with a braided SS weave? Interesting. How is a consumer supposed to know what the supply line material is without cutting the line itself to look at the cross...
  3. PixieFix

Chicago plumbing codes regarding dmv drain pipes using PVC as of 2010

The chapters (18-29) in the Chicago Municipal Code that pertain to plumbing are here, free of charge - http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Illinois/chicago_il/municipalcodeofchicago?f=templates$fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:chicago_il. That is a link from the City of Chicago official...
  4. PixieFix

Does regular plumber's putty stain quartz?

I know it stains granite countertops but what about quartz? I used regular plumber's putty when I installed a soap dispenser over 6 mos ago. (This was before I came across posts on different forums saying plumber's putty stained their granite/stone countertops.) My quartz countertop did not...
  5. PixieFix

Sorry. I didn't get to see the replies until now. I thought I'd be getting instant e-mail notification when replies are posted. The clear hose behind it is 3/8" PE and goes from one cold water valve to the water filter (to the water heater-hot water dispenser). One galvanized tee...
  6. PixieFix

While my condo's maintenance head was looking under my kitchen sink (on a different matter), he pointed out that my faucet hose was not connected directly to the valve. He said it's illegal but he did add later that he wasn't sure. My faucet hose-extension tube-valve looks like this: I live...
  7. PixieFix

Chicago plumbing codes regarding dmv drain pipes using PVC as of 2010

Just out of curiosity and because I like being able to cite my references and also because I have a hard time finding specific info in the Illinois/Chicago plumbing code :(, could you/anyone post which part of the Illinois or Chicago plumbing code states that PVC is allowed for 3 stories or...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks