Search results

1. Chrismaddox3d

Apprenticeship interview with Union in Dallas for the 2nd time question?

I never knew plumbers picked staff that worked in the plumber section of a Home Depot i may have to try that. Well found a few helper positions i applied for 2 online today, 2 of them are pretty far one is 1 hr away and another is 1 hr and 10mins away and one is really close to me. Found 2 on...
  2. Chrismaddox3d

Yeah looked at Glassdoor and really could not find much but will use it from now on to start looking, Thanks for the tip. No wonder i never have had luck on Craigslist. So Home Depot uses contractors then or what. Thanks for everyone's reply's please keep them coming. Will keep searching each day.
  3. Chrismaddox3d

I checked Home Depot and could not find any openings for a plumber. Ever Plumbers helper job i find no experience needed is always filled or they never reply back on Craigslist or etc. Been looking for couple years now and it feels hopeless but i will not give up my search. I would figure big as...
  4. Chrismaddox3d

Just to update this forum i did not get in with the Union after 2nd time. Guess i will try for a 3rd year in a row next year. Still trying and calling around and asking if anyone needs a plumbers helper and so far nothing. I found a place on Craigslist said call for a interview no experience...
  5. Chrismaddox3d

Least i get to do schooling from August till May if i get accepted into the school this time. Hope the schooling can teach me something while i wait to get out there. I know last year i did not get accepted into the school and was labeled pro visionary plumber. The Union would call me if they...
  6. Chrismaddox3d

Well i did my interview yesterday and i felt all went way better than last time. They said i would know something in a month or so. Really hope i get in this time and really excited to find out. Will let everyone know,Thanks
  7. Chrismaddox3d

Been looking for a plumber contractor of any type or any plumber to put me to work. It can be temp or full time or part time i am not worried about that right now. Well got my big interview with the Union coming this week and hope all goes well. They told me i should know a result with in a...
  8. Chrismaddox3d

Yep i noticed Glassdoor website has jobs posted but nothing for a helper with no experience. Really wish one these construction companies like tradesmen international who brought me in and took my application would hire me for any contract work. I guess they see my back ground in Sales and...
  9. Chrismaddox3d

Yep i have been getting on craigslist ever day for the last year looking for any kind of helpers job and even got the phone book out and called small shops and larger one. Every one wants a helper with experience they keep telling me or they never reply back. I feel like Union is my only chance...
  10. Chrismaddox3d

Yep they told us in the orientation meeting that there union school in Dallas is 2 nights a week 5pm to 9pm from Aug to May. I would never bring anyone to fight my battles or negotiate i can do that on my own i am a grown man. No matter i will never give up and just keep going and sooner or...
  11. Chrismaddox3d

Why don't many companies like the union? I don't insist on a union job but the schooling and good training i heard was really good. I have applied to smaller shops and etc and sourcing management companies for construction like yesterday and nothing after 1yr nearly. No need to take my wife lol...
  12. Chrismaddox3d

Well the place today i went to just got me to fill out an application and told me they would call me if anything came up. That is pretty much ever sourcing management companies for construction i go to in town. My wife who is a manager at a top 5 accounting firm thinks maybe i messed up with the...
  13. Chrismaddox3d

So pretty much i just go and interview with the Union normally and answer the questions and hope i get lucky. Well out of no where late yesterday afternoon i had a company that text me on cellphone and said they found me on careerbuilder and i have an interview today. Hope i get a break. Seems...
  14. Chrismaddox3d

I have around 40 credit hours in College for a AAS in animation i never finished and would that work? Strange enough today i had a company called Skilled Trade Services looking for helpers or apprentices and asked me if i need work. Even though i told them i have an apprentice card with no...
  15. Chrismaddox3d

Thanks to both you for your honest answers. It is what i was looking for and i will just go in like you mentioned and answer the questions is all and interview normal. Getting accepted into the school run by the union will mean a lot to me as well. Least i could get some training in the union...
  16. Chrismaddox3d

I interviewed with the Plumbers Union of Dallas last summer and did not get accepted into there school. So i was put as provisionary plumber and they never found me work and told i could re interview again later. Well in a few weeks this month in June i will get my 2nd chance. How could i...
  17. Chrismaddox3d

Apprenticeship plumber DFW Union? trying to find work?

In Texas Union you don't need a sponsor they told us you just get hired on, i know you correct other states you do i was told. I passed all the union pre test and interview and etc just no work is all. I did happen to find a company yesterday to interview me for a plumber apprentice job. Sure...
  18. Chrismaddox3d

I have been waiting since August or so and have moved up to top 20 waiting list. Called them last month and they told me they just re hired some they just laid off a few months back. So i will need to wait a little longer but it should come soon they hope. I have checked around with most...
  19. Chrismaddox3d

Hi i live in the North Dallas area Mckinney and Frisco area and trying to get a job as a Apprenticeship plumber or helper. I thought i had one and did a interview last August with Union in Dallas and they put me on there list to bring me in and i am still on the list. So far each time i call...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks