Search results

1. Al Wet

Water too high in old American Standard toilet bowl

I just searched for 30 minutes on google and youtube and kept getting videos off the subject even when I put in "too high" or -lower. They always deal with the tank or if they deal with the bowl talk about too low a water level. The toilet bowl water level is slightly too high so that sometimes...
  2. Al Wet

Water going over Korky QuietFILL Valve

The water had been running into the overflow tube. I had what looked like a new Korky QuietFILL Valve. I put it in and at first the level was below the overflow tube. Some hours later it was running into it and above the white part of the Korky Valve. Could someone suggest what the next step...
  3. Al Wet

New Korky 528 Fill Valve looks like its leaking...bubbling

I just put this in and now see bubbles coming from it. Does that mean waters running and/or it's defective. Thanks for any info on the next step. and
  4. Al Wet

Replaced Delta 2 handle faucet cartridges now there is small leak from valve stem

I think it's called the valve stem. It's the copper pipe that runs from the cutoff spigot to the sinks faucets. The sink had a drip coming from the faucet so I bought 2 cartridges that came with the spring and the black rubber thing that goes over the spring. I looked at some videos on how to do...
  5. Al Wet

Faucet cartridge that I replaced won't turn anymore

I totally new to plumbing matters but replaced a bathroom sink cartridge several years ago. I got advice on this forum and it certainly helped. This is the post: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/replacement-cartridge-came-shooting-out-of-faucet.50515/ From the get go there was...
  6. Al Wet

Help with whole faucet swiveling instead of just the top

We've tried grabbing the bottom of the faucet from below but so far we haven't been able to tighten it enough to keep the whole thing from swiveling. I put a video on Youtube showing what it's doing. It's here: http://youtu.be/HWURi7hnZck There also is a very small bit of water coming out at...
  7. Al Wet

Replacement cartridge came shooting out of faucet

I have a dripping faucet. I can't tell what make it is. After much work I managed to get the old cartridge out. I went to Lowes and got a hot/cold stem part 6s-1H/C for Stanadyne.It looked very similar although not 100% to the original. I put silicone spray on it. It was a tighter fit than the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks