Search results

1. Talisker

Bulbs burn out all the time

No they are not CFL bulbs.
  2. Talisker

Master bedroom has lower temp then rest of the house

I have one story home and my master bedroom which is at back of the house always stays way too cold, also same thing for my study room which is at front of the house. What can I do so I get more hot air in these two room without affecting rest of the house.
  3. Talisker

Bulbs burn out all the time

I have three recess can light fixture over island. They all have daylight bulb. Can't figure out what is causing the bulb to burn so quickly. They all don't burn out at once, but one after an another. Does running exhaust fan for long time cause the bulb to burn out? I don't know if they are...
  4. Talisker

Porch recess light

What is the best way to convert recessed can light to motion sensor light in front porch?
  5. Talisker

Kitchen sink faucet base leak

I had plumber check the handheld hose. It is very tight and hose is not wet. I had also called Moen and they suggested on changing out cartridge. But plumber changed out the whole faucet and it still has leak.
  6. Talisker

Kitchen sink faucet base leak

I have Moen kitchen sink faucet which has small leak at the base on to granite every time you turn it on for about more than couple of minutes. Even after having black washer gasket at the base, it leaks around the washer gasket. If I were to replace a faucet with plate, would it still leak? Or...
  7. Talisker

Reverse osmosis faucet air gap over flows water on the counter

Thank you. Plumber had connected reverse osmosis drain pipe in wrong location.
  8. Talisker

Reverse osmosis faucet air gap over flows water on the counter

Whenever I turn on garbage disposal, my reverse osmosis overflows water on to the counter and then slowing leaks inside the kitchen sink cabinet. Why does this happen? Please help.
  9. Talisker

One story home zoned A/C

I am in Richmond, Tx. The inspector said most likely we should be getting 5 ton unit.
  10. Talisker

One story home zoned A/C

In a one story home can i do a zoned A/C? I will have Trane 4 or 5 ton unit. the house is 3000 sq. ft. Thx.
  11. Talisker

shower drain too close to the wall

the bottom picture is before they install fiberglass shower pan and the top picture is after they install shower pan. Does that look right?
  12. Talisker

Can someone please let me know, the way how they fixed the shower drain, is it correct? Originally i was suppose to get fiber glass shower in this bathroom, but builder made a mistake and did a recessed tile tub drain instead of fiberglass shower pan drain. Then they had drain so close to the...
  13. Talisker

Can someone please let me know, the way how they fixed the shower drain, is it correct? Originally i was suppose to get fiber glass shower in this bathroom, but builder made a mistake and did a recessed tile tub drain instead of fiberglass shower pan drain. Then they had drain so close to the...
  14. Talisker

Right under the shower valve There is a white pipe which is about 2' long from the ground in the shower area. I know the picture is not that clear.
  15. Talisker

Jim, if there is any plumbing issues with the above picture shower drain, will it be hard for me to get it fix? I believe it would be easier for builder to change it now since they don't have anything else up vs. in the future I am the one who would have to get it done.
  16. Talisker

The picture at the top shows how the builder has put the drain for shower so close to the wall. aren't shower drains suppose to be in the middle of the shower. I am concern about the drain. if someone can give me recommendation on how the drain can be moved so that we won't have drain problem.
  17. Talisker

Pre plumb water loop

I don't have much knowledge on plumbing, but if someone can help with my question regarding pre plumb. House under construction, we got water softner loop in the garage. If I have water softner loop in the garage, do i need to get pre plumb refrigerator water loop in the kitchen? At this...
  18. Talisker

Motion detector wiring

In a one story home, if I want to install motion detector in couple of room, how hard is it? Also I am planning to add some undercabinet light and I would like to add additional outlet? is it possible, if so can some please let me know the process to pre-wire for motion detector and adding outlets.
  19. Talisker

Shower pan base

Thank you Jim and John for your reply. The builder said he is planning to backfill with quickset. Would that work, or I will have problem with that in the future?
  20. Talisker

Shower pan base

We are getting new home build. The builder recessed the shower pan area when they pour concrete. We are not suppose to get recess tile pan. We want fiberglass. What material should they use to refill? Since they didn't pour concrete while they were doing foundation, is there gone be any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks