Search results

1. efinley

White paper: measuring 3-wire pump resistances with unknowns

Just to clarify, you are assuming Rblack, Ryellow and Rred are all equal? If so I think this is a solvable system of equation, but if not then it is not. It seems reasonable that each wire would have the same resistance unless you have a wiring problem. This just becomes a problem to be...
  2. efinley

I don't see how you are isolating the resistance of the wire from the pump. can you explain?
  3. efinley

As an electrical engineer I understand what you're trying to do, but no the why. Are you simply trying to create a higher current or higher voltage ohm meter?
  4. efinley

New system for storage tank

Another question. What kind of relay is recommended for switching the pump with the float switches? I've been using definate purpose contactors (they're mechanical) but I wonder if a solid state version would be better. Any thoughts or recommendations?
  5. efinley

Bad pump?

I recall reading from you that a pumptec has trouble with things like a dole valve because the current is near the dry run current. What is the difference in current between the pump dead heading (sort of a dole valve scenario) and dry running? I'm not doubting you, I'm trying to learn and...
  6. efinley

Bad pump?

Valveman, Why doesn't anyone make a dry pump protector that includes a flow meter? Why does everyone try to measure small differences in current to estimate flow when they could measure the flow directly? Is it simply cost or is there a technical reason. After spending thousands on getting a...
  7. efinley

Bad pump?

This was taken at the pumptec box right at the well head, so it really is only 380' down and 380' back.
  8. efinley

Bad pump?

I did clamp it back at a junction box to get the readings, I'm just annoyed by the QD box since I have to walk back and forth to fiddle with the box and then come back to take readings. And I'd really like to get a voltage reading at the pump to see what kind of wiring loss I have, I can't do...
  9. efinley

Bad pump?

I was thinking of doing exactly that... If I set the pumptec to the "field calibrate" mode does that disable the pumptec? This is in one of those damn integrated boxes so you can clamp onto anything in the box, and I'm not 100% sure how to disable it. If not I suppose I can just jumper around...
  10. efinley

Bad pump?

Thanks for that link! I just did the field calibrate to see if that does anything. While I was at it I put the ammeter on again and I was getting 10.0 amps at 30psi and it dropped to 9.5 amps at 50 psi (the cut off setting). I also figured out the charts for the pumps. I was confused because...
  11. efinley

Bad pump?

Sorry to sounds like an idiot but... I've been to that site many times and looked at most of the docs but haven't found the calibration process (much to my frustration). Which doc are you looking at?
  12. efinley

Bad pump?

OK guys, you've helped me a bunch in figuring out what kind of system I need for my new well and storage tank. I'm nearly done trenching and wiring but in the mean time I've got wire and pipe running above ground as a temporary solution. The problem is that on Saturday after finally finishing...
  13. efinley

I assume the PK1A comes with an adjustable pressure switch so that I can set it to 30/50?
  14. efinley

Valveman, Which Pside-kick would you recommend? The CSV1 or the CSV125 40 lb for this? I plan to run a 30/50 lb pressure switch. Also would there be an issue with leaving my existing pressure tank installed even though it is 100' from the pump and Pside-kick? Should I leave it at 28 psi?
  15. efinley

Ah, that is probably what I have. :) I mixed up the names, my pressure tank is a Flo-tec. I'll double check, but I'm pretty certain it is a dry well device, probably a pumptec. Thanks for sorting that out.
  16. efinley

Isn't the well pump protected by the Flo-tec? I thought that was the point of those.
  17. efinley

When they installed the well pump they also put in a Flo-tec (I'm pretty sure that's the brand) so that should be OK. I was planning to use either another float switch or a cycle sensor to protect the jet pump connected to the water tank. In the past I've use float switches, but I'm tempted to...
  18. efinley

OK great, poly pipe it is! :) My next question is about the float switch in the tank. It seems like most people use the float switches that look like a gray cylinder on the end of the wire acting as a tether. In a 2500 gallon tank 100 gallons is about 4" of height, and in most of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks