Search results

1. Lmd555

Tankless replacement question

It's not far from the tank to the meter. The tank is in the garage and the meter is on the outside of the other side of the garage. I may have a 3/4 inch line in the attic space above the garage.
  2. Lmd555

What would you guys do? Get another tank or get the tankless ( I can get around $600 in tax credits and rebates for installing tankless)
  3. Lmd555

Could you disable the recirculating system?
  4. Lmd555

But how does tankless work with recirculating? Would it continuously heat water thar runs in a loop?
  5. Lmd555

As I discussed yesterday, I have a 65 gallon natural gas heater with a recirculating pump system that may have a leak. I'm considering a couple of replacement options, one of which is another tank. I'm also considering a tankless. There is a significant tax credit and rebate from the...
  6. Lmd555

Water heater diagnosis help

If that's the case, it seems unlikely the water in the unit that initially put out the pilot light was condensation. So it's probably a tank leak, maybe rain water through the vent, or perhaps water leaking from the t an p valve.
  7. Lmd555

I'm still perplexed about the water at the top. Could it be leaking at the top, or is that a sign of condensation or possibly rain water?
  8. Lmd555

This unit is approaching 7 years of service. Is that a reasonable life span? ( maybe so since the warranty is 6 years)
  9. Lmd555

What would you guys be doing if this was your water heater?
  10. Lmd555

Rained pretty hard the day I discovered the leak in the tank. But that was a couple of days ago. The insulation is still quite wet, as you can see.
  11. Lmd555

So I did so more snooping around the unit. The only thing suspicious I found was some rust and wetness around the top of the tank. There is a couple of inches from the top of the tank to the vent, and I attached a picture of the area. As you can see, I stuck my finger into the insulation...
  12. Lmd555

Thanks. very helpful. Do you think there's any chance the leak relates to the t and p valve, or perhaps a blockage along that line? The heater is in the garage, so it would not be good if it flooded, but not catastrophic either. It has a concrete floor and block walls, and would drain to...
  13. Lmd555

How do you really judge if its a leak versus condensation? Watch it a couple more days? What conditions might cause condensation? This whole occurrence seems odd to me. If there was a tank leak, it seems strange that it would be intermittent. And with the leak inside, the plumbers...
  14. Lmd555

I have a leak issue with a gas water heater and need help diagnosing the problem. I thought it would be easiest by explaining the setup of the system. I have a 65 gallon natural gas water heater in my garage (warranty just expired unfortunately). It is connected to a recirculating pump...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks