Search results

1. Chris Tittle

Interesting Sunday Morning- electrical question for everybody

Better safe than sorry Hey Mark, It's never a bad idea to wear your "rubbers" just be certain they don't have any holes in them :rolleyes: !! Seriously, any pinholes in your boots would negate your assumed protection. I still say that bottom line she had a higher resistance to ground than the...
  2. Chris Tittle

Interesting Sunday Morning- electrical question for everybody

Good question mark Basically, it would have to come down to this. One, pure water is actualy an insulator, but I doubt the water in her basement was void of any mineral content. A high content would have made the water conductive and slide down the conductivity scale as the mineral content...
  3. Chris Tittle

submersible pump wire

It is very important to use the proper wire for the job Make certain that the wire you use is UL listed for that purpose and is properly sized to 125% of the pump's full load amperage. It is also important to protect your circuit with the correct size GFCI breaker. If you have any uncertainties...
  4. Chris Tittle

Need advice on how to properly install floor drain in concrete slab!

I think my Plumber may have fitted my floor drain with the wrong fitting Ok, I went to the Oatey website and viewed the online cutsheets. Swanstone provided an Oatey ABS No-Caulk drain fitting, and after viewing the cutsheets I think I am alot closer to home now. I believe I need to wrap the...
  5. Chris Tittle

Thanks for the advice link for tile! That looks like a usefull link!! Also I already am aware of the need to float my floor to a 6% grade for the floor drain before tiling. If I can only figure out the right way to finish the slab for the drain fittings I can begin putting my bathroom back...
  6. Chris Tittle

Ok, but how do I finish the slab for the drains themselves?? The shower drain p-trap is there, but I just don't recall one on the floor drain. I guess I will have to dig it up again to see. If I am understanding correctly the p-trap is supposed to be there to prevent sewage gas leakage. I...
  7. Chris Tittle

Hey y'all!! I am an electrician by trade, so when I took on the task of converting my bathroom to an ADA compliant facility I was charting new territory :eek: . I completely gutted my bathroom down to bare framing to do this and to repair water damage to the studs and drywall. I have purchased...
  8. Chris Tittle

Handheld Shower Diverter in Stall Shower

Handheld diverter I'm in the process of converting my shower to ADA compliant. I was able to purchase a Delta setup for a tub/shower that is ADA compliant and just routed the tub spout outlet to the desired location to attach the wand. My plumber inspected the installation when I had him out to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks