Search results

1. Barbourdg

Insulation below Copper Bathtub

Anybody have any ideas? Is spray foam the only option we have for underneath? The bottom of the tub has a little flex, so we can't just lay it flat on the concrete. So far spaying foam and filling the tub with water for 24 hours is the only solution we came up with.
  2. Barbourdg

Insulation below Copper Bathtub

Question, we are ready to install our Copper "drop in" tub, and was curious if anybody else has worked with copper tubs? The bottom of the tub has some flex, so we need to use foam or something to insulate and build some support for the tub. Our first thought was to use some foam...
  3. Barbourdg

3/4 inch supply line to master bath, but 1/2 inch line at shower valve?

Still tweaking, but here is the basic design I created in Photoshop. Still debating on (4) individual volume control valves or a 3 way valve. In this picture I am using a push button Toto valve on the rain head. They don't come in oil rubbed, so I am stuck with brushed nickel. I...
  4. Barbourdg

Still little confused. We have a choice of 3/4 or 1/2 lines to use for the thermostatic valve. If we use the 3/4 valve, we can either go with 1/2 or 3/4 volume controls. All of our devices have a 1/2 intake on them. We were thinking that 3/4 would be good, since we have the option...
  5. Barbourdg

After the 3/4 valve, do we use 3/4 or 1/2 volume control valves? We have to convert our 3/4 line to 1/2 at some point before the device.
  6. Barbourdg

Hey Guys, thanks again for all the info. We did finalize the plumbing this afternoon. We're going with the 3/4 to the valve. In the end, we're talking about 2 hours of work, to reroute the 3/4 to the shower. From what I read on this site, it's best to have too much then too little. We...
  7. Barbourdg

3 minute shower doesn't sound good. LOL By running only 2 items at once we would bounce between 5 gpm and 7.5 gpm. If we upgrade to a 75 gallon tank, perhaps we can get 7-10 minute showers. So I guess my final question is do we stick with 1/2 all the way through, or install a 3/4...
  8. Barbourdg

Just checked with the city, and our PSI averages between 65 to 85. Since we live right by a pump station and a ground level water tower, they think it's pretty high. They're sending somebody by this afternoon or in the morning, to measure it. Would that matter, if I have 80 PSI? If we...
  9. Barbourdg

Sounds like I should go with the 1/2 Thermostatic Valve, and just limit my shower to 2 body sprays and one other device running at the same time. Thanks
  10. Barbourdg

We were actually thinking about getting a new water heater anyway, so we can upgrade. Thanks
  11. Barbourdg

The Kohler body sprays are 2.5 gpm, we're installing either 2 or 3. We would only have them going with one other device at the same time. Since all the main lines are 3/4 to the bathroom, do you think 4-5 feet of 1/2 would hurt the pressure that much? If we bumped the 1/2 inch line back to...
  12. Barbourdg

We haven't bought the valves yet, but here are the options: Pressure Balancing Valve (Rite-Temp) 3/4 Valve - 13.0 gpm 1/2 Valve - 5.0 gpm or Thermostatic Valves (Master Shower) 3/4 Valve - 17.2 gpm 1/2 Valve - 10.9 gpm
  13. Barbourdg

From what I hear my city averages about 60 PSI.
  14. Barbourdg

Need some help with our bathroom remodel. We have 3/4 supply lines coming into the master bathroom (sink and shower) and about 5 feet of 1/2 inch to the bathtub. We are doing a complete remodel and the bathtub 1/2 line is closest to the new shower location. We are installing a Kohler...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks