Search results

1. 000utback

Buderus GB142 fault 6 A, gurgling sounds

Emergency over. The condensate drain was almost totally plugged. That's why it ran okay after sitting for 12 hrs, but then starts to bubble again. This thing is filthy, and the last guy pinched the gasket when he put the bottom plate on. Hope I can get it to seal. I think that my expensive...
  2. 000utback

Thanks for sending the manual and the page highlight. This is propane-fired, so I'll follow through that path. I disabled the pumps to confirm that the gurgling happens when the blower runs. So...that means there's water on the flame side. Either an issue with condensate or a leak? The unit...
  3. 000utback

Buderus GB142/30 about 4 yrs old running hot water radiators, sections of floor warming, and indirect domestic hot water. Over the summer, I noticed the floor was wet from the pressure relief valve, although it never vented while I was in the room. I put a can under it to contain the water but...
  4. 000utback

PTFE sealing ring in top of Buderus indirect tank

Thanks for the responses. re the second part of the question, yes, the Buderus anode fitting is 1", and the one I bought is 3/4. When it didn't fit, I just assumed it was some wierd metric thing, but after you asked, I checked it out more. So viola all I need is a 1 / 3/4 reducer bushing and...
  5. 000utback

starting from the right, it's pipe thread / gap / pipe thread / gap / shoulder around top of plug. so, the one seal is between the 2 threaded sections.
  6. 000utback

Buderus indirect hot water tank, S32/5W. I removed the large plug in the center of the top to clean things out a bit. It has a groove around it to hold a PTFE ring for sealing. All that got messed up when I took it off. The manual says 63004276: Plug G 1 ½ with PTFE ring. I need to...
  7. 000utback

? how to force Buderus indirect above 140 ?

Thanks for the comments. If I set up the DHW as a separate heating zone, it will be limited by the temperature of my outdoor reset control - which hardly ever runs the boiler over 140F. The DHW connection on the boiler has a different setpoint (180-190F) than the space heating function (outdoor...
  8. 000utback

? how to force Buderus indirect above 140 ?

Buderus S32 indirect water heater powered by Buderus GB142 boiler. I want to take the water heater to 165F to kill sulphur bacteria. Specs say it's rated to 203. The control knob on the boiler (BC-10 module) maxes at 140. How can I get it to go higher? It looks like I could put a jumper...
  9. 000utback

AM10 definition of "supply temperature" with Buderus GB142

PS: The old system was oil/hot water, with 500 gal oil storage, so fill-ups did not correspond to usage. Also we burn about 2 cords/yr in a small central woodstove. And we closed doors to avoid heating 3-4 rooms. Also, the new boiler added heat to 300 ft2 more space. So, I don't have a...
  10. 000utback

Thanks for the discussion. I wanted a new boiler installation for YEARS and couldn't find a local contractor. Finally word of mouth got me to the right guy, and it took 2 weeks to tear out 1200# of steel pipe & boiler, over 200 pounds of copper, etc, and give me exactly what I (thought I)...
  11. 000utback

? data logger to track zone pump on/off ?

Mine is the GB142/30. Thanks for the first ideas on tracking behaviour. Totalizing is better than nothing, and looks like an economic way to start. Saturday we'll start deer hunting in earnest, and think about this while we're on the deer stand. I'll come back to this later. Didn't want...
  12. 000utback

? data logger to track zone pump on/off ?

When we got our new Buderus BG142 with outdoor reset, we also rearranged our heat zones and added heat to about 500 ft2 that previously had none. Now we're running 4 zones (4 stats, 4 pumps) for a variety of space heating styles, and 3 zones (3 stats, 3 valves, 1 pump) of floor radiant. I...
  13. 000utback

Dana, thanks for the quick response and help offer. I continued to learn this from the manuals - 1) The AM10 manual says "range 32-194"; it does NOT say "adjustment range". 2) the BG142 manual says my second menu value is "the current supply temperature COMPUTED based on the outdoor...
  14. 000utback

I am learning about my new GB142 with the AM10 outdoor reset control. From the AM10 INSTALLATION AND OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS, pg 10: first menu = current outdoor temperature display second menu = supply temperature setpt {installer set at 32F} third menu = target boiler temperature when outdoors...
  15. 000utback

? 2 different water sources to heat a baseboard ?

I have 3 adjoining rooms sharing a radiant floor system controlled by a Tekmar 521. The t'stat is in room 3, the largest room, NW exposure, lots of old glass windows. The t'stat is controlling to ambient T within floor limits, also have a floor T sensor. An antiscald valve limits the floor...
  16. 000utback

Source for water tank, thinking of settling grit before pressure tank

Yes, understand that, but thanks for making sure. I was referring to the valve between the water supply and the pressure tank, which allows me to change out the pressure tank without draining the house.
  17. 000utback

Thanks for the comment. 5 gpm is going to stir up the water. Were those galv tanks piped with a side inlet or bottom?
  18. 000utback

Residential well 5 gpm. Had to replace the pressure tank over the weekend, and noticed a lot of grit in the bottom. The well water comes in the house about 18" from the floor. T there, to go down to pressure tank or up to house. All new 1" piping. when I re-piped it this weekend, I left an...
  19. 000utback

Source for activated carbon / charcoal?

I need to re-media my Ecowater ETF 2100-PF10 multipurpose filter. The housing is 10 x 47". The last time I bought activated carbon, it was coconut something or other. I was surprised at how dusty it was when I opened the UPS box. I had to clean out the downstream softener venturi several...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks