Search results

1. Tlhfirelion

Price Pfister Tub Shower cartridge nightmare.

Hello folks. I’m here after a rather extensive and unproductive search for a shower cartridge. Long story short, new house, new shower/tub combo from Price Pfister called the Karci (8p8-ws2-ka). It started dripping and got to the point where it was constantly dripping. I took it out, tried...
  2. Tlhfirelion

Septic smell in yard

Hello. We just finished a new house. Been living in it about 3 months. A few weeks ago when we got our first cool evening, I noticed a septic smell along the front of the house. We live on top of a hill, on a slightly slipped hillside. After looking at the tank and field and finding nothing, I...
  3. Tlhfirelion

Kitchen sink P trap leaks

Hello. New kitchen sink install. I used an older P trap I had laying around and it leaked at the same spot. I figured it was just old so I bought a new one. It’s leaking at the same spot. (See pic where the level is pointing too) I figured it was loose so I hand tightened it as hard as I...
  4. Tlhfirelion

New bath/shower face vet leaking

Hello. New house, new install of this bath/shower faucet from Lowe’s. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Pfister-Karci-Spot-Defense-Brushed-Nickel-1-Handle-Bathtub-and-Shower-Faucet-with-Valve/1000822422 It works fine when showering or bathing. We are on a well and I had to take it apart twice to...
  5. Tlhfirelion

Bathtub support loose.

Hello. When using our fiberglass bathtub/shower recently, we’ve noticed the support rings under the middle seem to have broken loose from the adhesive. So as you move around in the shower, you can hear and feel the rings slipping underneath you. I’m on a crawl space, so is there any way to...
  6. Tlhfirelion

New Build with well, water pressure question

Hello. I'm in the planning stages of a shop home/pole barn type house. I will be on a well. I will have a large metal building that'll be spray foamed and then on one end of the structure, a 1200 sq ft residence will be framed in. The resulting square residence inside the taller pitched...
  7. Tlhfirelion

So I made a Sharkbite mistake, not sure how big of a deal it is....

Been redoing my spare bathroom, total gut. I finished up the shower yesterday and as I was picking up my tools and cleaning up my mess I found one of the plastic tabs that are supposed to go in the end of the pex pipe when it goes into the Sharkbite. This was an odd install in that having an...
  8. Tlhfirelion

Insulating water lines

I had two leaks this summer from the water line in my yard and everything has been fixed. 2 shut off connections that were approx. 30 years old finally gave up the ghost. I have dug down and around and made a little more room for the new connections as well as made it easier to access the shut...
  9. Tlhfirelion

Seeking clarification on venting requirements.

Hey guys, first off Happy Easter. I'm planning to move my washer/dryer to my basement. I have a good spot right by the water heater and supply lines. From researching on here it seems a Zoeller pump set up with a utility sink might be my best choice. I also read Liberty is a viable option...
  10. Tlhfirelion

Who to buy a softener from?

anybody have any suggestions on who to buy a water softener from? Thank you.
  11. Tlhfirelion

Questions about my first water softener...

I am planning a water softener this coming fall and it'll be the first one I've used. From what I can gather here fleck and clack are the brands preferred. I do want a metered system to prevent needles regeneration. I don't know if it matters but I have all copper pipes and a Marathon water...
  12. Tlhfirelion

Condensate Pump Question

Hello. I am looking at getting rid of the drain line in the middle of my basement mechanical room and installing a condensate pump. I was going to get the pump from lowes or home depot but was told by a relative to look up the Little Giant line of pumps. They seem to have good reviews online...
  13. Tlhfirelion

Water Softener, I'm learning but still a bit confused....

I had no idea softening water was so complex. I'm here because I'm trying to figure out if a non box store water softener uses less water when regenerating among other things. I won't go into the whole story as to why, but my small community is on one water treatment plant. The less water we...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks