Search results

1. grandpabear

Tricky Basement Bath Design?

THANKS HJ. Any other suggestions or comments? I am going to be out your way in May - going up to Jerome - ever been to the junkyard there? Definitely worth the visit - incredible collection of junk from restored gasoline tankers to mining equipment to cars to you name it!
  2. grandpabear

THANKS for the feedback. Could the vent issue between the tub and shower be resolved by bringing both drains to a common point below the vent and then running the drain out from there (assuming the inspector doesn't like the idea of a wet vent)?
  3. grandpabear

Is there a way to change the wet vent to make it compliant? Or is the only alternative to use an AAV?
  4. grandpabear

Great advice to minimze the unnecessary bends - were you thinking to take the WC drain at 45 angle from the WC straight to a 45 into the existing 4 in drain line? Should I just run 3 in from the WC elbow and into a 4 in x 3 in wye at the existing 4 in line? Not sure I understand the comment...
  5. grandpabear

Right now the basement is totally unfinished and open so, other than the rough-ins, I have freedom to change things up a fair amount. I am eager for suggestions to improve the design. I ran a snake and magnet down the 4 in drain and located its run. I also measured that the top of the 4 in...
  6. grandpabear

Yep. There is an external entrance that will be modified for ADA compliance....
  7. grandpabear

First off – thanks in advance for any guidance you can give! I am planning a new bathroom for our basement. The basement is currently unfinished. When the house was built, the stubs were installed for a bathroom in the basement. However, we need to make the bathroom handicapped...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks