Search results

1. Whitlow

New Delta Prelude Toilets at Home Depot

In retrospect about buying a toilet...make sure parts are readily available or match other existing parts from other manufacturers. I still like the Delta Corrente design better than the Delta Turner. It just seems thicker / more heavy duty and prefer the flush better. Hopefully I won't have...
  2. Whitlow

Well the Delta Corrente toilet started leaking. It appears to just be the flapper. I removed the flapper seal and traced it to head to home depot to find a matching seal, but while putting it back on the ABS plastic of the flapper had become so brittle the locking notches broke off. :eek: I...
  3. Whitlow

Best Toilet available from Home Depot or Lowe's?

I'm not a plumber and don't install toilets on a regular basis, but just talking to shoppers in home depot a lot of them don't seem to be happy with the Kohler toilets. I did replace the gasket on a fairly new Kohler for the Aqua Piston and I thought I was going to brake it getting it off so I...
  4. Whitlow

Delta toilets?

I just installed a Delta Turner Toilet today. I've had the Delta Corrente for many years now with no issues, but like wjcandee says it has a non-standard fill valve. The nice thing about all the current Delta toilets is they pretty much use standard parts and korky makes 3 inch flappers and...
  5. Whitlow

Terry have the Niagara's 0.8 GPF held up well over time? It just seems like even though they maybe great that there is more possibility something will break and be a more costly repair.
  6. Whitlow

Yeah I wouldn't like that plus I don't like the push buttons on top because you can't store stuff on top :-)
  7. Whitlow

The Delta Corrente is still working fine after ~5 years. I have not had to replace any parts. A friend bought 3 and only had an issue with one and Delta sent him a complete new set of tank parts so now he has spare parts. To be honest I bought it because I thought it looked nice as well as the...
  8. Whitlow

Delta toilets?

I think the Delta Corrente may have been the only one that used a non-standard fill valve. Home Depot quit selling it. I've had mine installed for 5 years now with no issues and I had a friend buy and install 3 units. I think he had a problem with one at first and Delta sent him all new tank...
  9. Whitlow

Well they only have TOTO at Home Depot and it looks like in comfort height only the Toto Drake 1.6gpf and the Toto Drake Eco 1.28gpf. The AS Vormax at HD gets good reviews, but not so good over at Lowe's slow close seat at HD seems only difference. The Vormax looks really nice, but the two flap...
  10. Whitlow

The Delta Corrente is still working good, but it appears Home Depot no longer carries this model in store :-( It also appears Delta is back tracking on some of the new ideas with the fill line coming into the top of the tank and moved to more standard looking parts. The tank connecting mechanism...
  11. Whitlow

What's the Best Toilet available from Home Depot or Lowe's? I've been considering the Kohler Cimmaron, American Standard Vormax, and maybe even the Delta Turner or American Standard Cadet 3. I know American Standard quality has had issues, but the Vormax seems pretty good flushwise.
  12. Whitlow

I'm near the Gwinnett Braves stadium and might be interested in checking it out I still have an old toilet downstairs and small round home depot brand in kids bathroom I'd like to replace with smallest good elongated toilet due to small space. They have a unit at Costco :-O that's says 27...
  13. Whitlow

The Delta Corrente is still working good so far! I wish the bowl cleaning was a little better. They now have a Lilah toilet which seems to use similiar parts.
  14. Whitlow

I've had the Delta for over a year now and am happy with it. I haven't been back on here in a while, but I've been happy with the Delta Corrente for over a year now. The only issue has been with the installer...me :-) The Corrente just looks better than the other Delta Toilets to me except now...
  15. Whitlow

New Champion 4

For comparison the new Delta Toilets (Prelude, Corrente) are using a 3-3/4 flush valve
  16. Whitlow

I was wrong that is not the fill valve for the Corrente. It is listed as $64 on the Delta website! Well I maybe sorry one day when I have to buy a fill valve or other parts and if they quit making these toilets, but as long as it lasts many years I deem that as acceptable. Before I bought this...
  17. Whitlow

@SAMC - "I noticed the Delta toilets at HD. It looks like the two tubes on the outside of the bowl that feed the priming jet are different sizes. I've seen one tube or duel tubes the same size, but never different size tubes. Do you know what that's about?" I don't know, but I will say it...
  18. Whitlow

Delta seems to be standing behind them because a friend of mine recently bought two of these and had a problem with the clip to the lever for the flapper chain hanging which I think he could have easily fixed, but he called Delta. Delta sent him the entire replacement assembly with flapper and...
  19. Whitlow

Follow up on the Delta toilet after about 1 month - The flush has been fantastic with very good bowl cleaning and so far I'm very satisfied. The only thing I did not like was the seat which I replaced. Home Depot has now lowered the price to $169 for this model.
  20. Whitlow

Yea I looked at closer and it is open at the top there is gap there just below where the filler tube connects. It's hard to see in the picture and I actually had to check it with my hard to tell. Yea the Delta Prelude maybe a better choice if your worried about replacing this filler/float...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks